Bush Operator got some play time finally!

So I finally got a chance to get my ass out in the woods and play with my Bush Operator. The other guys brought a few knives each (including that sweet ESEE Lite Machete and GB axes), but I just packed my Bush Operator and went to town. This thing kicks ASS with a firesteel. The squared off spine throws mischmetal like fuggin' napalm when used with my O.G.-style ESEE firekit (my favorite fire starter). The spine was also nice to shave/scrape some bark for tinder. As far as cutting goes, I used her all day long to split small log jammies for small fuel, as well as to cut up some chorizo snausage for my lunch. Dylan, I gotta hand it to you, you hit the ball out of the park on this one. I think it's the perfect size for me as far as general and hard-use bushcrafty knives go, and the handle is by far the most comfortable and pleasing (relax, now..) to use.:D

I know, threads like this are about as useful as tits on a bull without pics, so here:

5445437207_64f6cf9f96_b.jpg

5445437427_f9af3d80da_b.jpg

5446081766_9454b72ffd_b.jpg

5446078852_527659a3f3_b.jpg

5445434445_66586efb78_b.jpg

5446034758_7320fc6221_b.jpg

And the last of the snausage. Mmmmmm. Chorizo. Woulda been better with some eggs. Well, next time..

5445479231_eb7dce7985_b.jpg

Well, Dylan, keep on makin some serious, top-shelf product, and you'll have me as a customer for a loooong time. And anyone who's on the fence about picking one of these up, consider this a gentle shove: stop debating and buy one! You'll thank me. :D

-Nadz

mmmmuusstt ssstttoooppp llookkiingg at thiiis thhhread... i feel my need/want for a Bush Operator kicking in again...:eek::D i really like these Dylan..:thumbup:

what is the thickness on this one?? and whats the steel??

mmmmuusstt ssstttoooppp llookkiingg at thiiis thhhread... i feel my need/want for a Bush Operator kicking in again...:eek::D i really like these Dylan..:thumbup:

what is the thickness on this one?? and whats the steel??

He mostly uses 01, so my guess is that's what this one is.

Thanks Nadz. Looks like an awesome knife.

I might have to send another 'dibs' email to Dylan soon...

Good looking knife there GoNadz. Looks like it can take whatever you throw at it!

Yessir. It's really comfortable to use, just the right weight, and the right size to handle everything from food prep to fire building and some batonning. Great woods knife, fo sho.

-Nadz

Last edited:
Great Pictures!! Thanks for posting it. I'm hoping to be able to pick one up in the near future. I was sold on it before your thread but this sealed it. Thanks!:thumbup::thumbup:

Awesome pictures brother! I got through making all the sheaths for the current batch today. Tomorrow is hand sharpening all day long. :confused: lol. Then they're all getting mailed out.

Definitely great knives. Luckily was able to check the Bush Operator out and the smaller one on the hike. My uncle has a hutchula and was able to check that one out on Christmas. They feel and look great. Love the grind too.

A Fletcher knife is somewhere on my list, though it is there.

well, with the aid of these pics, i spoke to Dylan today and put in an order for a Bush Operator..:D i'm stoked.. i can't wait to check it out..

Badass! Chorizo, fire, and a knife! Good stuff. I want one too, one of these days...I'm waiting for one like Dylan made for himself last Thanksgiving...

Badass! Chorizo, fire, and a knife! Good stuff. I want one too, one of these days...I'm waiting for one like Dylan made for himself last Thanksgiving...

Sounds like Dylan's having a hard time getting a hold of the dude from Shadetree Phenolics. Those red burlap scales looked sick, too! However, I'm pretty happy with my Bush Operator, burlap or not ;). C'mon, folks, quit hesitating and put yer dibs in! You know you want to!

-Nadz

I actually just talked to him yesterday and we're trying to nail down exactly what color burlap it was. :D

I put dibs in on Saturday for one. This will be my first Fletcher knife whenever I can get it. Im pretty fired up after this thread!! I'm extremely impressed Dylan.

Thanks guys. I'm glad this whole knifemaking thing has worked out so well. Everything I hoped it would be and more.

Back