Recommendation? Busse forum rules questions.

I can’t quite seem to find what I am looking for. These are all completely independent questions that I have saved up through my time here.

I don’t want to get in trouble for stuff but I also don’t really want to post in other forums. I’m pretty happy with the people here and it’s the only one I want to show stuff to people in.

1. If you have a non-Busse blade and just want to show it off, can it be posted in this forum? (like a “Mail-call” post)

2. If you list multiple blades for sale in the Busse exchange can a non-Busse be included in the post? (I have seen a few in various Exchanges but didn’t want to break the rules by claiming ignorance)

3. If you have a WTB request, can it be posted to the Busse section of the exchange? (I’ve tried the normal WTB in the distant past and it seems not to be looked at)

4. Is there a place where someone could create a WTT post where the thing to be traded was not blades or blade related things if attempting to trade for a blade? (I really only see this working the other way but I am a meme we of another forum where it is commonplace for precious metals)

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is readily available, I wasn’t able to search up the answers.

My viewpoints-- they're only worth the paper they're typed on ;)

*edit....mod has spoken...making my post irrelevant

Last edited:
Thanks, confirms kind what I thought.

I wish there was a better WTB place. It has not worked in the past. I never asked for hard to find stuff. Unfortunately, I was able to confirm my own thoughts on WTB as I was able to find sellers post the stuff I was looking for in a handful of days after the WTB thread was posted. Maybe it was my approach at the time. I am not sure exactly how I posted. But I really don’t like to post WTB and a price anywhere. Posting a price pretty much means you’re going to get an offer at exactly that price because you are willing to pay too much, or you are not going to get an offer because you aren’t paying enough. Just my thoughts though and definitely not the rule.

Appreciate the input!

Edit: #4 seems to be just for knives and tools. As examples I was thinking something like “WTT silver for (blade name)” or “WTT camera gear for (blade name)”.

Thanks,

Appreciate the input!

Edit: #4 seems to be just for knives and tools. As examples I was thinking something like “WTT silver for (blade name)” or “WTT camera gear for (blade name)”.

Thanks, no problem...just have fun.

But I'm just one guy, don't just go by what I say.

As for WTT, I've seen some fairly liberal leeway given over there...one way for find out for sure >>> PM a mod with your specific request of what you'd want posted up.

I can’t quite seem to find what I am looking for. These are all completely independent questions that I have saved up through my time here.

I don’t want to get in trouble for stuff but I also don’t really want to post in other forums. I’m pretty happy with the people here and it’s the only one I want to show stuff to people in.

1. If you have a non-Busse blade and just want to show it off, can it be posted in this forum? (like a “Mail-call” post)

2. If you list multiple blades for sale in the Busse exchange can a non-Busse be included in the post? (I have seen a few in various Exchanges but didn’t want to break the rules by claiming ignorance)

3. If you have a WTB request, can it be posted to the Busse section of the exchange? (I’ve tried the normal WTB in the distant past and it seems not to be looked at)

4. Is there a place where someone could create a WTT post where the thing to be traded was not blades or blade related things if attempting to trade for a blade? (I really only see this working the other way but I am a meme we of another forum where it is commonplace for precious metals)

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is readily available, I wasn’t able to search up the answers.
I will answer the best I can with the knowledge I have ;

1.Nope, just Busse, Swamp Rat and Scrapyard please. if there is some other knife with Busse-kin in a pic you post that is not too bad, but if someone asks for more info, take it to PM please.

2.No, Take separate pics and post in the appropriate for sale area ( i know because I personaly got reported for this very thing, long ago)

3.As far as I have seen and have had seen the corrections, all WTB belongs in the general WTB section, now if you have a gold membership you can add a WTB to your sig line.

4.The general Trade for Gadgets and gear section lets you trade whatever for whatever. You can always PM the person who has what you want and offer to trade, I know a certain sheath maker will trade silver for sheath work.

Most of this is in the Busse forum Rules and exchange rules.

Hope it helps.

As a Gold Member I do believe you can have a WTB note in your "Signature" so it appears with each of your posts. I came a across a couple of Busses I wanted by doing so.

If you want to share your non-Busse knives with the Busse forum, there is an appropriate thread for that.

I was recently told that signatures are not visible when viewing the forum on a smart phone. If true, that would potentially lessen the effectiveness of a WTB Signature. I don’t have a smart phone, so I cannot verify the veracity of such a claim. Seems a proper time and place to ask if anyone has further insight into the matter.

I was recently told that signatures are not visible when viewing the forum on a smart phone. If true, that would potentially lessen the effectiveness of a WTB Signature. I don’t have a smart phone, so I cannot verify the veracity of such a claim. Seems a proper time and place to ask if anyone has further insight into the matter.
That is a fact. I only know because someone asked me to check out a blade of theirs in their sig. a couple hours later we determined that it is because of the mobile site.

That is true... And now that I spend more time browsing on my phone rather than at a computer, I don't see anybody's signature lines anymore.

Also makes posting pictures a lot more cumbersome.

Something like a Monthly ISO/WTB thread here on the main sub might be cool. I’ve never had any luck with the WTB exchange section and forget to check it when I’m selling stuff. The sig idea is cool (need to re-up my Gold…) but as mentioned the no-show on mobile is a bummer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation, guys. To further elaborate on inkynate’s idea, perhaps a pinned thread in the Busse exchange? Probably never happen, but that would be amazing. Somewhat of a bummer that everybody can’t see our signatures, but at least we now know we can change our browser to desktop mode to see everything. Learn something new everyday!

That is a fact. I only know because someone asked me to check out a blade of theirs in their sig. a couple hours later we determined that it is because of the mobile site.
Twoody Twoody is right. Using desktop mode on you phone if it supports it does show the sigs.

Back