• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Busse knives

Greetings to all,

I will NEVER do business again with Busse Combat Knives. I could give a very detailed explanation as to why I have made this decision but it would be considered inappropriate in the forum. I will say only this...customer service does NOT exist at Busse Combat Knives.

Pookie,

Please email me at busse@bright.net and I will resolve any problems you may have encountered. My goal is to make Busse Combat, not only the leader in knife performance (shameless plug), but the leader in customer service as well. I look forward to your response.

------------------
Susan Howard
Customer Service Rep.
Busse Combat Knife Co.

I have the same problem. Ordered a Battle Mistress and a Mean Street December of last year, and I still don't have them. Now, the problem isn't that it's taking so long, because if I would have been told there was a 5 year wait, I still would have ordered. BUT, I am being promised a lot of different delivery dates and none come through. I have owned Busse knives, and think they are some of the best. But for me to shell out $500 and still not get anything is more than a little annoying.

Here's my little ray of sunshine!

I received excellent service from Jerry Busse when I was waiting for my BM. I received it within a few weeks of expected delivery time. Though I had to try several times to get through on the phone due to busy signals, I was always able to get an answer to my questions and shoot the breeze for a few minutes with the man himself!

I am sure that the delays, missed delivery dates, misinformation and everything else are merely a result of a great knifemaker learning how to be a great businessman also. The two do not always develop at the same rate. It seems that Jerry is taking the necessary steps to resolve the situation by increasing his company presence on this forum and adding some personnel to help resolve some of these issues.

Please contact Susan and then see how the problem is resolved. I have faith that this year's lapse in service is merely a result of explosive growth and overwhelming demand for his products!! I would appreciate seeing what steps Busse Combat takes to resolve some of the issues you folks have posted in this thread.

I look forward to ordering more knives next year with complete confidence in the company's ability to deliver the goods!

Chris Canis
wink.gif

------------------
"Tolerance is the vice of those who have no convictions of their own"

I just heard back from Susan as well. She really comes across quite well. And the BM should only be a few weeks off. Things are looking way up.

-RW

Wait a minute........

I think I missed something.

You guys are shelling out money in advance for a knife that isn't shipping for YEARS?!? If the knife companies in question would offer something like the example below, I could justify it.

I seem to remember seeing a practice a few years ago when a company was asking people to "invest" money in exchange for a gun. You would give them X amount of $ for Y length in years and get Z gun(s) plus original investment back. Apparently they would using your money as investment capital, keep the interest your money earned, and kick back the principal plus the guns as your interest return.

If I were a custom maker who had a 2 year waiting list for 70 knives (or more) at $300.00 a piece (or more) and I keeled over tomorrow.......

My kids would probably have fun spending the money.

Here's some email between Susan and myself. All I can say is that, since my first contact with Dave (when he returned my call one night at about 8:00 PM, then later that same night around 10:00 PM with more info), customer service has been outstanding. They may have been overwhelmed, maybe still are, but they are obviously improving as much as possible. And working extremely long hours to boot.

Notice the time I sent the message and the time I received a reply. Less than an hour to get the message, check the stock room, talk with Jerry, and send a reply. This level of prompt service is great, but I would never EXPECT that fast a response to email. What more can we ask?

Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 6:06 PM
To: Asbury, E. Ray
Subject: Re: Inquiry

Hello Ray.

I just checked the sheath stock room. We have left handed sheaths for the
regular line, but not the BASICS yet. I talked to Jerry who has talked to
the sheath maker and he says that the sheath maker told him that he isn't
sure exactly how long it will take to complete the L.H. BASIC sheaths, but
he is working on them every day. I can assure you that on the day they come
in, I will make sure yours is sent off! If I hear anymore on the situation
before that, I will let you know.

Sincerely,
Susan
Busse Combat Knife Co.

-----Original Message-----
To: 'busse@bright.net' <busse@bright.net>
Date: Thursday, September 30, 1999 5:12 PM
Subject: Inquiry

>Susan,
>
>I sent a Basic #9 sheath that I got with my purchase at BladeForums to
Dave.
>I'd talked with him earlier about swapping it for a left-handed model when
>they are in.
>
>Do you have any idea as to when these might show up?
>
>Thanks and good luck on your new job with Busse,
>Ray
>

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

AKTI Member #A000831

[This message has been edited by Codeman (edited 02 October 1999).]

I recieved my Battle Mistress and Mean Street today I'm proud to say! I have to thank Susan who was very helpful, and got my knives out to me right away. Jerry was also helpfull in calling me himself to give me the UPS tracking number. He also sent along a coupon and apology letter which was very nice. I think they have alot of the kinks straightened out, and will buy from them in the future.

why are the credit cards being charged so far before shipment? This is the part that doesnt seem right.
Hey Radarman-3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead is an old H.A slogan.

------------------

I too was unhappy with the poor communication with Busse: unanswered telephone calls by the dozen. By pure luck I happenned to get Jerry himself on the phone, and that assuaged me for quite a while. He's very, very personable. I'm happy to say that with the addition of the email and Susan's very prompt responses, it's now easier to deal with Busse than with most other makers. The proof will be in the actual delivery time, not to say the actual knives' quality, but I must say that, at least on the communication level, there has been a dramatic improvement.

Back