Buy, Sell, Trade Thread

Wanted: Thompson Center Contender Barrels / especially Octagon 10", but consider any
Wanted: Trap Gun under $1000 could be Pump, Single or O/U

For Sale : collection (20 0r 30) of Motorcycle magazines from the early and mid 70's take all at $1 each plus shipping
For Sale: any part you could want for French Mitchell 300 Reels

Looking for anyone who can put some slabs on my thin 3/32 Hurley Creek, maybe canvas micarta, I wanted a good texture to the handle. Still thinking about what color to make them. The taped one in the pic.
Also maybe looking for someone who can do some mods on a large butcher type camp knife, not a JK. Looking to improve the edge either by reprinting or thinning the edge s little bit. Carbon blade I think it’s L6 or 1084, it was made by Larry Walker for me. Just throwing this out there. No pic right now.

Lastly, looking to find a Horsewright knife to go along with my Sonoran Belt knife, maybe something closer to a 3 to 3.25 inch blade. Something like the pics, maybe a Paisano, El,Toro, etc, handle material not so important. The Sonoran I have is ram horn.FB48BCA9-F870-4076-A093-FAD64A60D40B.jpeg6A0B5053-0C7D-4CBA-A1FC-46879D65E930.jpeg21F8B7DA-1B61-4E78-B6AC-D6F9C386DC8D.jpeg125A6AEA-E51D-4C11-A4C3-537D7A4538B0.jpegB19E5BEC-6717-42E7-8B19-9B01376834AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking for anyone who can put some slabs on my thin 3/32 Hurley Creek, maybe canvas micarta, I wanted a good texture to the handle. Still thinking about what color to make them. The taped one in the pic.
Also maybe looking for someone who can do some mods on a large butcher type camp knife, not a JK. Looking to improve the edge either by reprinting or thinning the edge s little bit. Carbon blade I think it’s L6 or 1084, it was made by Larry Walker for me. Just throwing this out there. No pic right now.

Lastly, looking to find a Horsewright knife to go along with my Sonoran Belt knife, maybe something closer to a 3 to 3.25 inch blade. Something like the pics, maybe a Paisano, El,Toro, etc, handle material not so important. The Sonoran I have is ram horn.View attachment 1936582View attachment 1936583View attachment 1936584View attachment 1936585View attachment 1936586
I cant tell from your pics, but the style of the rehandle one looks rounded over, around it' s handle perimeter? so it's more comfortable to hold?

If that is the case..... You won't get a clean, crisp joint between the steel and the scale.
Your options would be to have it ground flush so the new scale and the tang were the same, or
you could have the tang stick out a little proud of the new scales.

*Just something to think about?

I cant tell from your pics, but the style of the rehandle one looks rounded over, around it' s handle perimeter? so it's more comfortable to hold?

If that is the case..... You won't get a clean, crisp joint between the steel and the scale.
Your options would be to have it ground flush so the new scale and the tang were the same, or
you could have the tang stick out a little proud of the new scales.:thumbsup:

*Just something to think about?

thanks for the good point to ponder, the one with those is 3/32 and the sides are rounded for comfort, my thicker 3/16 is very rounded edges to feel nice in the hand too. :)

thanks for the good point to ponder, the one with those is 3/32 and the sides are rounded for comfort, my thicker 3/16 is very rounded edges to feel nice in the hand too. :)
If you added scales to the rounded tangs, if kept flush, it would leave grooves from the handle's radius. That might look interesting too?

cbach8tw cbach8tw If you change your mind about the micarta, I'd be willing to do wood scales for you.
I'm a pretty ok/decent maker, I could post a few of my knives to see, if you are interested?
I don't have a knifemaker membership here yet, I am thinking of starting one next year?
So, I would do it for free (for you) if you cover shipping. (i think that is ok with the mods? if not i can retract my offer/sorry)
just giving you another option. either way....It's ok

I don't really like the smell of grinding micarta, but thats maybe an option as well.....

I would love to see some of the knives you made, please post pictures. (I’m still working on overcoming my fears of operating machines and cutting myself)
cbach8tw cbach8tw If you change your mind about the micarta, I'd be willing to do wood scales for you.
I'm a pretty ok/decent maker, I could post a few of my knives to see, if you are interested?
I don't have a knifemaker membership here yet, I am thinking of starting one next year?
So, I would do it for free (for you) if you cover shipping. (i think that is ok with the mods? if not i can retract my offer/sorry)

I don't really like the smell of grinding micarta, but thats maybe an option as well.....

I would love to see some of the knives you made, please post pictures. (I’m still working on overcoming my fears of operating machines and cutting myself)
Cool.... After work I'll post a couple.
Truth be told, You, and a couple other makers here on BF are some of my inspirations for design, and knife making. I like looking at All the ones you've done over the years!

* I've had a few near misses, and I have a strong background in manufacturing, so I Definitely understand that fear/respect towards machines and safety! :D
I sometimes have to take a few deep breaths when facing the grinder, trying to stay relaxed.... haha.

i also would love to see your work. And yes, wood would be cool, I just wanted to add a little girth to the handle, I lIke how light my thin HC handles, but want more purchase. Maybe walnut or tiger maple? I would pay for shipping and if you need to cover material costs.much appreciated and we can figure out when it is convenient for you. Thanks again.

Since John said it was ok to post them here...... here's a couple.

Utility/Fighter
M2 Blade
Vintage micarta, and vintage micarta pins

3V blade
Leopard wood scales, black liners, copper alloy flared tubing

Beefy double edge (sharp) knife
Blade A2
Handle Osage Orange, with liners and micarta pins

Action shots

Thanks for letting me show my work. I'm constantly learning.
I like making knives that are rough and tough.
They won't ever win any beauty contests, but I think they are still gorgeous in their own ways.....

Back