• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad ***BUYERS BEWARE OF TRAVIS STEPHENS-- Do NOT Send Funds To PAYPAL USER Stephens9940@gmail.com/jackthblade@gmail.com --SCAMMER***

DennisM

Gold Member
I agreed to a deal with BladeForums USER ID "smokescreenwrc". There was allot of email traffic outside of Blade Forums with an imposter claiming to be the member selling the knives. The individual said to make PPFF payment to "Stephens9940@gmail.com or jacktheblade@gmail.com ". After I completed the payment and notified smokescreenwrc in a PM and the Posting for the knives, I was informed that the emails outside of Blade Forums were not from "The REAL Blade Forums: smokescreenwrc" were not from him. So basically ... I was bent over and F'ed w/o lube! Just informing others in hopes they will not be scammed like I did.

PayPal and the institution that is the holder of my CC used were both informed. Outside of the hassle - and at most 10 business days for the charge to be removed - no harm no foul. I am a fairly knew member to this forum and have made multiple purchases thus far with good honest people. It sucks that a few bad eggs try to F UP a good thing. There will be no more PPFF purchases for me.

You could have avoided all of this by just purchasing a membership and conducting business directly via PM...

AGREED about the PPFF - lesson learned. Even paying members have gotten scammed like this though.

Back