BWCA trip recommendations.

Morning fellas, me and a small group are going to boundary waters next week for 6 days. Has anyone been there and do you have any “must have” recommendations? I have been camping long term in the wilderness plenty of time but this is my first go at BWCA. Thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

Morning fellas, me and a small group are going to boundary waters next week for 6 days. Has anyone been there and do you have any “must have” recommendations? I have been camping long term in the wilderness plenty of time but this is my first go at BWCA. Thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.
Are you traveling by canoe? That would open up lots of options because of the carrying capacity.

Yes, 4 of us and 2 kevlar canoes. We have 2 bear barrels with harnesses and 2 portage packs. 1 each per canoe. 1 fishing pole and light gear per canoe. Poles will be lashed to canoe while portaging. The food barrel will have 1 large camp stove/propane setup/food and utensils. Been on a lot of canoe trips so it’s not new but every place I have been to carry’s it’s own unique challenges.

I've not been to BCWA, but off the top of my head, I would have a nice ax with me.

By the way, this subforum is buried at the bottom of BF so there is not that much traffic here. If you ask this in General, you would get a lot more replies in less time, but also a lot more noise.

What do you have in the way of mosquito protection? I assume they are a factor at the BWCA

By the way, this subforum is buried at the bottom of BF so there is not that much traffic here. If you ask this in General, you would get a lot more replies in less time, but also a lot more noise.

What do you have in the way of mosquito protection? I assume they are a factor at the BWCA

I sure miss the old days where this subforum was veeeeeeeeeeeery populated. I barely checked General! Lot's of practical kwoledge here...

I have no experience with canoe trips, so I just expect you to take plenty of photos and show them here! Best of luck and have fun!

Mikel

Back