CADET vs Evo Grip 10 and 14?

Truth to tell, I could ("can") live without the "package opener".
To date, a (sharp) knife blade has opened every hang pack and Amazon and/or Other package I've needed to open. 😇

I get your points, but I'm not seeing what a dedicated package opener does that the conventional can opener blade doesn't.

True, especially the Wenger can opener that I have in the aforementioned Traveler with a nice edge on it. Still, the package opener does seem to open clamshells a bit better than that, though I haven't had the opportunity to use it alot yet tbh. Let's face it, with all of the cutting implements I have on me at any given time I have no shortage of ways to get into packages. I just have fun overthinking these things I guess.

I was a bit surprised that they ditched can opening on the companion and didn't go with the combo opener that's on the compact, or to your point it wouldn't have been that hard to design a "package opener" function within a can opener. I don't really eat tinned food that often these days when I'm away from a can opener, and so much of it is pull tab now anyway, but with an SAK it's all about having the capability.

I've never used the SAK corkscrew for popping a cork. Does anyone know if it is adept at that task?

I was never much of a wine drinker myself until a few years ago since I moved to a big wine producing state (WA). The SAK corkscrew works well enough. Not as good as the one I have sitting right there in the kitchen drawer, but since I'm I knife nerd I insist on opening all of our wine with an SAK anyway ;). I have since bought the Victorinox Winemaster, which is purpose built for the task, and it does excel.

Back