Camillus #67 Blade Steel and Age?

Hello Everyone,
I apologize for this question but very new to Camillus. I just picked up this Camillus #67 Stock Knife. It was unused and still in the box. The blades don't state what the steel is and the instructions in the box state Camillus used two types of Steel: 1.High Carbon Steel or 2. "Swordsteel". I am assuming it is the High Carbon Steel. In addition, based on previous posts I have read regarding tang stamps my assumption is this knife was made sometime between 1989 and when they closed. May I ask if someone would be kind enough to confirm my assumptions please? Thank you very much for any help.
IMG_2731.JPG IMG_2725.JPG IMG_2727.JPG IMG_2729.JPG IMG_2732.JPG

Take Care,
Mike

Last edited:
Excellent information! I really appreciate the help. I was reviewing the old catalogs and just could not tell what the steel was and year. Thank you !

Take Care,
Mike

The year is tough if not impossible to tell. But most likely the steel is 420 as 440 became unavailable domestically for many years before 2007. Stainless steel nevertheless.

Here's a screen shot from the old Camillus website, before it closed down, describing your knife.

zIP4D9n.png

Buzz,
That's it!!! That is awesome! Thank you so much for the help!

Take Care,
Mike

This is not old Camillus website, it's my fan website :D
Welcome to camillusknives.ru ;)

I just thought you just copied the old Website and rehosted the content. I can't tell you how many times I've visited to research old knives. It's tremendously useful, and far easier to access than the old Camillus site through the Wayback Machine. You're my hero.

Back