Camillus CUDA

i don't know if anyone else has written anything else about this knife, but i recently purchased a CUDA at SMKW. i've wanted one for a while, and everything i could find about it was pretty good. before buying the cuda, i had settled for a browning pirhana, spyderco endura, and a benchmade afck. none of them were really what i was looking for. last february, i finally bought the cuda, and i don't want any other knife for everyday carry. it's shaving sharp (partially due to my compulsion concerning sharp knives), and i've used it as an improvised wood chisel (tanto blade), to cut microphone cable, and any other cutting chore i've had. it opens like a dream, and locks up rock solid. this is the first knife i've owned where i've been completely satisfied, and have no desire for any other knife. automatics don't even turn my head anymore. i'd recommend it to anyone looking for a large folder.

------------------
"I'm your huckleberry"
"Poor soul...he was just too high strung." -Doc Holiday

"Who do you say that I am?" -Jesus
"You are the Christ" -Peter

Welcome to the forums, Cudaman! I'm happy to hear how much you like your Cuda. I've only been on the forums since early Feb, but have seen very little written on them in that time.

If you've not noticed it before, there is a search function near the top of most pages. I suggest to learn what others have had to say about the CUDA, that you go to the archives if this main forum, and run searches for CUDA. Surely you'll find lots of interesting things to read.

Along that line, usually quite a bit is written about new knives, and those few that have a really widespread interest in this general forum. Most others don't get a lot of talk. I can't remember if Camillus has a company forum or not. If so, check that out, and for sure you'll find those who share your interest.

If you're an opinionated sort, do your best to keep your mind open. For example, although I'd been quite interested in knives for about 18 months before coming here, and read the magazines pretty faithfully, I genuinely thought that Spydercos were just some weird brand that appealed to the really eccentric forumites. I now own 3 and know a lot better. While I'm a died-in-the-wool CRKT fan, am rapidly qualifying as a Spydie knut too. There are some amazingly knowledgeable people here who say a lot worth paying attention to.

Again, welcome,
smile.gif

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

CUDAman,
Glad you like the QUICK ACTION CUDA...and welcome to BladeForums! CAMILLUS does maintain a forum here on BF....come on over to our little world for more CAMILLUS/BK&T/CUDA/WESTERN discussion. Hell, we even give some free knves away occasionally!

http://www.bladeforums.com/cgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=21&SUBMIT=Go

Thanks for being a customer!

------------------
Stay Sharp!
Will Fennell
Camillus Cutlery
www.camillusknives.com

I got a couple of the Quick Action CUDA folders from the Camillus guys a while back. I put one in my gun safe as it is a one of a kind, and the other I gave to a freind. He beats the hell out of it and it just keeps going. Great knife!

thanks for the responses everyone. i've always had an interest in knives, but just in the last few months has it developed into what some might call an obsession. i had an early spyderco endura, the kind with the plastic clip before they put the steel clip on them. i broke the clip off, and that made me kind of mad. i love reading as much as i can about the new and different kind of knives, although i do have some definite favorites. i look forward to learning more from this forum. talk to you later.

Back