camillus repro-paratrooper WWII auto

pm

BANNED
greetings & welcome to blade forums phil,

mike turber told me that camillus still produces the classic auto issued to paratroopers during WWII.

if this is the case i would like to learn more about them and perhaps how i might procure some.

any info on this topic would be great!

patrick

------------------
"AUDACES FORTUNA IUVAT"
www.tripleaughtdesign.com
velox@slip.net

Patrick,

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but Camillus produces an auto with manual safety for the military currently. It's the red handled faux bone folder I've discussed elsewhere.

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Keep yer powder dry and cutters hair poppin' sharp!

Phil,

Ghostsix may be closer to the truth than he thought. My understanding is that they are a military contract item so the best bet is the second hand market.

-=[Bob]=-

Riggers and air crew have them.The new issue is the auto stryker but the supply line is slow.FT.McCoy and Volk field haven`t gotten them yet.

------------------

pm,
Ghostsix is right on!
We do produce the MC-1 parachute knife, but it is a Military Contract.
You want one that bad(trust me, knife is NOT impressive) Sign up!
Second hand is your only other option!

ghostsic & phil,

been there done that, i'm a graduate of ft. benning school for boys. you will not find this fella to likely re-enlist at this stage in my life....

i have seen a few at shows. the prices for these simple little knives seem a bit high for what they are. i'll keep looking.

------------------
"AUDACES FORTUNA IUVAT"
www.tripleaughtdesign.com
Your edged tool & compact accessory resource.
velox@slip.net

Phil is correct.The MC-1 is not impressive,even by yesterdays standards.If the spring was on the shroud cutter, it would have more current utility.As is,it is a nostalgia piece for old Paras and collectors.When I was snagged in a tree, I pulled the reserve,undid the capewells and slid down.No good stories on the MC-1.Sorry `bout that.

------------------

Back