Can I bring this to school?

HEll no ,what aree you thinking!?!? someone at my school got suspended for nail clippers , think man!!!

Nail clippers? NAIL CLIPPERS?!?!?!? my friend, you need to get out of Sioux City
wink.gif

I'm guessing by looks that it flips as well as my Taiwan rostfrei... cause it looks exactly like the one I have, just with the edge and point rounded. In fact, I did a similar mode to mine (dulled edge) except I kept the point so I can still get stabbed.

Im sorry everybody, I didnt mean to make anyone mad, but knives, need to stay out of the schools, and places like that, cus soon, we might not even be able to even take our knives out of our own yards, i really dont want to happen, because if people keep taking knives or weapons, where they are not supposed to take them, then the government is just going to say, nope sorry you cant carry a knife on you ever again, so you see where Im coming from, p.s. Im sorry again if i sounded mad, take care, everyone.

------------------
blademan_007

When you people are talking about suspension, does it mean the you can't come back to school for a week or so, or does it mean that you are banned from school... forever?

------------------
Balisong Sweden

there are two kinds of suspensions when it comes to school: internal and external. with internal you go to school but you dont really do anything. external is you stay at home. either way your screwed.

schools are becoming more and more screwed up by the minute. I've heard stories locally and nationally about schools making the students wear MANDATORY ID tags that are either clipped to their shirt or worn around the neck. These tags have your social security number on it (now why in hell would anyone at school ever need to know your social security number???) and inside they have smart chips which are used for the lunch systems that are becoming more and more popular. you basically have an account at school and when you slide the card through it accesses it. but smart cards can also be used as a tracking device; something else a school should never have any reason to use. and if you dont have your card with you, you have to pay $5 for a new one or you get a detention.

there is virtually NO POINT to this whatsoever. why would a school need to have every student be a catogorized digit branded with a card? It's just not right. Soon we'll all be digits under the hands of those who have power.

And if they make us wear those at my school then i'll be having a whoooooooole lot of detentions

I just got out of high school, and they were talking about those ID cards being used at my old school soon. No smart chip, and it was said that a two dollor charge was the price for replacement.

As for having a lot of detentions: My junior year they had a policy, if you missed more than two days in a six week period, and ANY were unexcused, thaen they lowered your grade in all missed classes to a 69 for that six weeks. 3 six weeks to a "year". We had 4 classes a day for half a year, then 4 diff classes a day for the second half of the year. That policy did not make it to far, but might be back. With the semester block format, too many kids were failing. BTW, for you out of USA folks, a 69 is the highest failing grade posible, a 70 was passing.

We had a girl get expelled for a year for haveing a letter opener at school! Thats basicly what that practice bali is.

------------------
“Society is safer when the criminals don’t know who’s armed!”

Damn..I never heard of these ID Tags..and the tracking devices. wow...they're treating us like prisoners now huh? At my school, there are two cops that patrol the area...

At my school we have recently hired a security officer. He's supposedly there in case of a "Columbine" but he is not armed and the only gun he has is back in his office across the street. All he does is wonder the halls and he gets paid more than my teachers. If you ask me, he sounds like an overpaid hallmoniter.

------------------
I have a sword in my pocket!

At my old school you cold bring knives, but they had to be in a sheath on a belt or have a pocket clip on them, they told us you cold bring a knife as long as its not concealed.
i liked that. but my kid in 6th grade brought a mini rubberband gun and got expelled from school for 3 days,
frown.gif
so if you brought something that even looked like a bali to school youd be in deep ****

I am currently homeschooled but attended a local public high school from 7th grade to 9th. All students were required to wear school IDs. They had all your information on it and your picture. It had to be worn at all times, the front visible. If you lost your Id on the way to school or forgot it the security guards at the doors wouldent let you in, you had to go to the main office at the other side of the building to get a temporary ID, which costed $4.00. If you didnt have to money, tough turnips, if thats all the money you had? no lunch for you. By the time you had ran over to the office, waited in line to get a temporary and rushed to your class, you would be quite late, and most likely get a detention. As far as I can tell the IDs were only good for keeping non-students out of the school (although over the years i learned ways to get into the school without my ID) My id was never used for anything accept to gain entrance. Another thing about the damn schools is the metal detectors. Every day after passing through the ID checkpoint you passed through the metal detectors manned by two very surly Security Guards (that liked to take hats if you didnt take it off before entering) Those detectors whent off for every student that passed through, they then had to empty thier pockets and have there backpack rooted through. This took a tremendous amount of time, so much so that if you arrived ten minutes early to school than you were garaunteed to be late to class. Your only chance was to arrive at least half an hour early. I was regulary getting up at 5:30 am to get ready for school leaving the house at 6:00 arriving at 7:00 and getting into class late at 8:05. Sheesh, this is one of the many reasons om homeschooled!

Originally posted by Kyui Su Kim
At my school we have recently hired a security officer. He's supposedly there in case of a "Columbine" but he is not armed and the only gun he has is back in his office across the street. All he does is wonder the halls and he gets paid more than my teachers. If you ask me, he sounds like an overpaid hallmoniter.

------------------
I have a sword in my pocket!

There is also a cop at my HS however he carries a Glock and I think he has a shotgun in his car.

Originally posted by Quicksilver27
At my old school you cold bring knives, but they had to be in a sheath on a belt or have a pocket clip on them, they told us you cold bring a knife as long as its not concealed.
i liked that. but my kid in 6th grade brought a mini rubberband gun and got expelled from school for 3 days,
frown.gif
so if you brought something that even looked like a bali to school youd be in deep ****

I wish all schools were like thats cool.
PS what school was that ?

HEll no ,what aree you thinking!?!? someone at my school got suspended for nail clippers , think man!!!

Someone at my school was freeggin' _expelled_ for carrying nail clippers, once. They were teeny little 1.5" long ones _without_ a nail file/cleaner.

That's really nuthin'. The high school and intermediate 'round here have about 20 or so police officers between them, about a dozen of which are state police. And they're all armed with their sidearms, and a couple spare mags.

I think someone was expelled for bringing a butter knife into school, once...

_I've_ almost managed to get myself expelled by poking someone with a capped pen to get their attention.

Ye gods, I'm glad I managed to get into a cyberschool.

A poor little 8-year old local girl was kicked out of school for the possesion of an 8-inch TWEETY BIRD key-chain! Another kid was busted for pretending his hotdog was a gun. That's what the Atlanta educational system is now......

seems like your whole country is over-paranoid. i've brought a bali to the school some times, but worn in my pocket, and i didn't show it to anyone, so i didn't get in trouble. strange, huh? :p

Originally posted by ixpfah
i've brought a bali to the school some times, but worn in my pocket, and i didn't show it to anyone, so i didn't get in trouble. strange, huh? :p
Nothing strange about it. As you've indicated, you gave no indication you had a bali, and therefore gave no one cause to suspect you of carrying anything illegal. You were not caught. All the instances mentioned were for actions, whether justified or not, that were construed as violations of established safety practises. In other words, they were caught.

Originally posted by tonyccw
Nothing strange about it. As you've indicated, you gave no indication you had a bali, and therefore gave no one cause to suspect you of carrying anything illegal. You were not caught.
i know. that's why i added the :p. i was joking. :p

Yeah, there's some pretty freaky stuff going on in schools lately. The terrorist crap doesn't help either.

I hate people so ignorant to think that making outrageous no-tolerance policites to help the situation. Expanding a common saying.. Weapons don't kill people, people kill people... and they can do that with an AK-47, a hunting rifle, a handgun, a crossbow, a dagger, a balisong, a butterknife, a pencil, something as simple as a treebranch, chair, popcan, bikelock, rock, or their own friggan bare hands.

If I (or anyone) *wanted* to hurt someone, it would happen. It doesn't take a specific type of knife. And if I'm the type of person who's only going to be persuaded into not doing so by the legal consequences, I'm not going to be phased by the threat of suspension on top of a life sentance.

*searches favorites*.. Guy I knew wrote something about this a while back..

http://zibzib.sandwich.net/zt4zt.html

It's kinda big so I'll quote a bit:

"The school published a thirty-seven page list of "unacceptable" behaviours - high-fives were listed among them, for example, as were untied shoelaces, piggybacking and hugging (and I remind you these are listed under violent behaviours!) - and vowed to suspend or expel any student who violates any of them."

It's just sick. Glad I live in Canada, it's a little better up here. Worst I've seen is not letting kids carry backpacks in school, (because they could hide bombs in them) under the guise of "It being bad for children's backs".. which is backwards.

*shakehead*

Back