Can I see pics of your stripped beckers

Ok, you lured me out. Long time member, first time poster here. This the latest incarnation of the Campanion I've carried for 8 years.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/rock0552/ccamp_r.jpg

HO-LEEE COW! That is a NICE knife! :eek:

Not just the scales, but the whole shootin' match. Even the STEEL looks awesome. I have to say, that just might be the nicest Becker I've ever seen!

That BK-10 really trips my trigger, too, for some reason. I used to think the BK-10 was the ugliest thing in the line-up. But now... for some reason, I really like it a lot!

Thanks. I had been looking to do something different. The epoxy coating was pretty worn off from use, but I held off stripping it until I found just the right scales. I cut them off of a large elk shed a buddy gave me.

Thanks. I had been looking to do something different. The epoxy coating was pretty worn off from use, but I held off stripping it until I found just the right scales. I cut them off of a large elk shed a buddy gave me.

Very, very, nice work, by the way, now that is true Beckerhead right there. You need to stick around and make some posts, get some threads going, and get your number.

Moose

IMG_1997.jpg

eventually I'll make her purdy !:)

i'm officially not a black blade, black scales kinda guy...at least with the bk-2. stripped it monday night and i just got done with a vinegar patina.

bk-2_patina_01.jpg

bk-2_patina_02.jpg

how did you do the vinegar patina?

that looks really good.

Give me some instructions please.

STEP BY STEP

Last edited:
Rub on vinegar.
Let sit a spell.
Rinse off.
Dry.
Repeat until seasoned to taste.

Oil.

Sometimes I get confused. Isn't this the Hunting and Fishing forum? Food and Drink? :confused:

i'm officially not a black blade, black scales kinda guy...at least with the bk-2. stripped it monday night and i just got done with a vinegar patina.

bk-2_patina_01.jpg

bk-2_patina_02.jpg

That looks really great.

But aren't you the one that dyes all his ESEE knives' scales black?(which I think looks cool, BTW)

how did you do the vinegar patina?

that looks really good.

Give me some instructions please.

STEP BY STEP

thanks!

1. wash the knife in dishwashing soap to remove any coat of oil.
2. fill a container with apple cider vinegar. you can use any vinegar since they're all pretty acidic. i've seen people use pineapple, potato, mustard, etc. i used a container as opposed to rubbing the vinegar on the blade since i didn't want any patterns or swirl shapes to form.
3. soak the knife for an hour or two.
4. wash with soap.
5. re-sharpen the edge.
6. go out to the woods and beat the crap outta it.
7. post pics here.
8. repeat step 6.

this is the 2nd knife that i patina'd now (the other was a bushcraft knife made of o1 steel with no factory coating) and i noticed the edge got dull a little bit - both went from shaving sharp to barely cutting paper. go ahead and re-sharpen the edge.

That looks really great.

But aren't you the one that dyes all his ESEE knives' scales black?(which I think looks cool, BTW)

thanks! yup, that's me. for some reason, i like the way the bk-2 looks this way. i'm keeping the rest of my knives the way they are now though.

That Gen 2 BK2 is calling me for some reason. I have a Gen 1 Bk2 and love it and use it often, but I really like the looks of that Gen2.

Any reason for me not to get one now? Are they changing the sheath for next years version? Or doing anything different for the 2011 BK2?

That Gen 2 BK2 is calling me for some reason. I have a Gen 1 Bk2 and love it and use it often, but I really like the looks of that Gen2.

Any reason for me not to get one now? Are they changing the sheath for next years version? Or doing anything different for the 2011 BK2?

From what I understand, nothing is really changing, so go ahead and get you one for Christmas!! Santa is going to loaded heavy this year, so, you may want to have USPS or UPS deliver it, lol.

Moose

I think I will be treating myself to another BK2 soon to customize.

Has anyone else tried the Mango patina that Guyon posted? Might have to strip my new one and try it, along with a good convex edge! Mmmmmmmm.

I think I will be treating myself to another BK2 soon to customize.

Has anyone else tried the Mango patina that Guyon posted? Might have to strip my new one and try it, along with a good convex edge! Mmmmmmmm.

I plan on getting me one to convex, I've never done it, but I want to try it out and see if I like it. I thought about doing it to my BK9, but I don't know, it turned out so sweet, I think I'll just let it ride.

Moose

I thought about doing it to my BK9, but I don't know, it turned out so sweet, I think I'll just let it ride.

Moose

that it did sir, that it did.

I like the thumb ramp, but after you took yours off....well you opened my eyes :eek:.

From what I understand, nothing is really changing, so go ahead and get you one for Christmas!! Santa is going to loaded heavy this year, so, you may want to have USPS or UPS deliver it, lol.

Moose

Thanks Moose!:)

I'll just add it to my Becker list of a BK7 and some micarta handles for my BK9.

I also want the ESKABAR, but might wait for the new sheath.

Back