Can you Identify the knifemaker?

I've had this knife for over 30 years, and have never been able to identify the maker.
The blade is stamped 'UNITED STATES CUTLERY', 2 1/8 In. long; the entire knife is
5 3/4 in., the scales are ivory micarta, and the blade appears to be fine damascus.
Very fine jimping on the blade back and lock. Seems very well made, in perfect shape,
no other identifying marks. ANY IDEAS??

52758206620_96b76086e4_h.jpg
52758206590_ea793aa6e3_h.jpg
52757260622_4e724819e1_c.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to Bladeforums DLEVIRICHARDS.

Your pictures aren't showing for me.

I don't know if they made your knife, but once upon a time there was a knife maker called "United States Cutlery Company" in Belleville New Jersey.

Welcome to Bladeforums DLEVIRICHARDS.

Your pictures aren't showing for me.

I don't know if they made your knife, but once upon a time there was a knife maker called "United States Cutlery Company" in Belleville New Jersey.
Thanks for your response. From the little I could find, that company pretty much made cleavers, and I have found no other references to United States Cutlery. While very nicely made, it's clearly not a one-off, and looks mass produced-but by whom? I hope the photos are now showing.

Very interesting little mystery! Looks very 70's ish to me, but it's hard to imagine a mass produced knife from the era that wouldn't have had at least some branding on it. Hoping someone will recognize it. I would have guessed German if not for the stamp. Sorry for being no help, but I enjoy these sorts of posts a lot!

Back