• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Carbide flat platens

RD_knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Time for a gamechanger! This full carbide platen is next level and will never wear out.

Forget about mild steel platens, hardened carbon steel platens and even glass platens.

Buy once, cry once.

The carbide platens are 3mm thick precision ground tungsten steel.

Got these available in 3 sizes limeted stock left.

- 8” - 200mm €130
-10” -250mm €150
-11” -270mm €160
All platens are 50mm / 2” wide

Aluminum baseplate can be made on request if you dont want to do it yourself.
Will be already glued on then aswell.

These can be fitted just like a glass platen with jb-weld on a mild steel or aluminum backer as shown.

No need anymore to change out platens after a while and always have straight and flat results of the belt grinder.

Would you like to see any other size for the next batch let me know.

Instagram RD_knives RD_knives

06856EB5-954B-4089-A4C6-7DAE2050BE23.jpeg51809129-AC3B-461B-AB6B-A8581EE0E26E.jpeg7FFB9CFB-59B3-43C0-B29F-49108B4E784B.jpeg1B738EC0-76B5-4911-B60D-5FCF820DE033.jpeg

How much for the 8" with the base plate?
170€ incl the platen. Just sent me a sketch then with dimension of your platen.
Platen will already be glued on then aswell with jb weld
holder will be made with the 2 bolts then.
Carbide 200mm 7mm bolts. Total length 207mm. Thats just a bit more then 8”.

Last edited:
I'm loving that radius platen you sent me. Definitely interested down the road on one of these carbide platens- I can think of several uses for it that don't even involve a grinder!

I'm loving that radius platen you sent me. Definitely interested down the road on one of these carbide platens- I can think of several uses for it that don't even involve a grinder!
Thnx!
So far everybody is really liking the carbide platens. Am using myself one for a couple of months with some tough grinding and still perfect flat and not a single scratch on the surface😎

Is there any way to get a small radius on the short leading edge?
Maybe an .125" R

I could see these being useful towards the top of the grinder for cleaning up bevels, too.... I think they call those waterfall platens.

Is there any way to get a small radius on the short leading edge?
Maybe an .125" R

I could see these being useful towards the top of the grinder for cleaning up bevels, too.... I think they call those waterfall platens.
I leave all edges crisp when shipping them out.
But getting the edges chamfered is easily done on a diamond stone. So you can do it by own preferences.
On my own platen i have chamfered the top edge were the belt runs over the edge.

If you dont have a diamond stone the cheap diamond plates from amazon work great aswell.

Back