"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

Cool photos, Jack.

Glad you're home and doing better, Randy.

Leghog, That ballpark food looks yummy... now I want hot dogs and fries for breakfast!

Saw this photo being auctioned. I didn't buy it but I thought you guys might enjoy the auction photos if you hadn't already seen them. (auction is completed)

s-l1600%204_zpsrikfcii4.jpg

s-l1600%205_zpsghikco61.jpg

s-l1600%208_zpsxnukwm8f.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jake, great to see that pic, what a treasure trove! :)

My internet connection is so bad today, I can barely connect to the site :(

Nevermind, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Mine at home last night was similar. I believe on average I'm supposed to be getting 60 MBPS download, last night it was 0.15 MBPS!

It was about the same here for most of today, seems to have picked up a bit this evening :rolleyes: Hope yours recovers soon :thumbsup:

When I was a kid I had a terrarium in a 20 gallon fish tank. It always had a critter in it, salamanders, turtles and occasionally a garter snake. I recall them as being the most interesting of the lot (the salamanders were close tho).

Our provider has recently installed a fibre optic system. Huge difference!
Move to Canada!:D

I mentioned in waynorth waynorth 's Boxing thread that my Grandfather was an artist, a Graphic Design Artist, to be exact, and I had wondered if he had done any work for cutlery companies. Though I only have a small collection of some of his work, mostly doodles, sketches, partial designs, etc., I did not come across anything cutlery related. However, I did come across this drawing and I thought some of you might get a kick out of it...

yDtdXP6.jpg

A little back to basics for me, didnt want to start a new thread as it is non traditional but wanted to share with you all. This is almost one of the knives from my childhood if i had the money im sure id have bought one the one back then. this is a tweaked and more recent release. Always loved balisongs.IMG_0535.JPG

Jack That Photo is a thousand conversations at the least...What a fantastic Photo and yes my friend I got a Kick out of it alright- Thank you for that!

Dylan- VERY neat Drawing- a family treasure :cool::thumbsup:

You sure wouldn't want to trip over at Daddy Johns place- you'd never get up again.
Booy in Australia we have farms the size of Texas!
And we have the slowest most expensive internet in the known universe!...
not wanting to brag or anything:D

I thought America was supposed to have the worst internet service for the highest price.

And we have the slowest most expensive internet in the known universe!...
not wanting to brag or anything:D

I think Meako wins. Or is it loses? My sister did a semester abroad at USQ. She was surprised at how expensive everything was in Australia, especially the internet. IIRC they charged by the GB!

A little back to basics for me, didnt want to start a new thread as it is non traditional but wanted to share with you all. This is almost one of the knives from my childhood if i had the money im sure id have bought one the one back then. this is a tweaked and more recent release. Always loved balisongs.View attachment 720791

Who says that isn't traditional? Balisongs may have their own forum, but they are entirely traditional, albeit from another country. My folks were from that country. Growing up the folders I saw men using were not slipjoints, they were balisongs. Yours uses different materials as theirs had handles of brass and bone/horn/wood, but modern materials do not disqualify a knife. We've seen friction folders and slipjoints use materials like titanium and carbon fiber.

Awesome knife.:thumbsup:

I think Meako wins. Or is it loses? My sister did a semester abroad at USQ. She was surprised at how expensive everything was in Australia, especially the internet. IIRC they charged by the GB!

Who says that isn't traditional? Balisongs may have their own forum, but they are entirely traditional, albeit from another country. My folks were from that country. Growing up the folders I saw men using were not slipjoints, they were balisongs. Yours uses different materials as theirs had handles of brass and bone/horn/wood, but modern materials do not disqualify a knife. We've seen friction folders and slipjoints use materials like titanium and carbon fiber.

Awesome knife.:thumbsup:

that is indeed true, ive ordered a FHM, very interesting knife. they are built to last those things! they use carbon steel too!

Back