Carson pics

I got this one in early December

small model #4
drop point hunter
A2 blade
red jigged-bone scales

my decision to order this knife was a direct result of a knife that Blues owns and sometimes posts pics of, and, the photopoint movie of Kits work that PhilL made at about the same time i joined the forums. (i am thinking that Blues knife even appeared in that movie):)

as an added: notice the jeweled liners, very nice

regards,
bill o.

That is a real beauty. I have a tremendous fondness for Kit's knives. I will be getting one of his F4 neck knives, (hopefully) this fall some time.

Very nice picture. You should have many years of great service with it. A great knife by a great knife maker! ;)

Originally posted by oxbubba
my decision to order this knife was a direct result of a knife that Blues owns and sometimes posts pics of, and, the photopoint movie of Kits work that PhilL made at about the same time i joined the forums. (i am thinking that Blues knife even appeared in that movie):)

Geeeez, I sure do miss Photopoint and the Movies I had on there, but things must pass.

Billy, you are putting together an outstanding collection and a Carson in red jigged bone is a jewel in any collection, (unless you're Les Robertson of course).

I don't know how many of you folks know this or not, but Billy got into knife collecting kind of through the backdoor. He found BFC Chat before he ever heard of BladeForums.com. He seemed like a really nice guy that took an interest in knives and I kind of showed him around. I got him to register on BFC, showed him the ropes and my collection on PhotoPoint. He got hooked on knives fast and hard. I don't think he wasted any time before he started buying some really good knives. When he was ready for his first custom he asked if I could help him get a Carson, and it just so happens I could. Before he had received his first Carson, (the one you see here) he was ready for his second. After he received the M4 he still had an itch for another custom and he knew how long the wait was for the next. I suggested since he liked his Carson so much he couldn't make a misttake ordering one from Mike Obernauf. That's how he ended up with Serial #1 of Mike's Model 3.

Of course it helps to have friends like Kit Carson and Stabby from PhoenixBlades to help work out the details.
http://www.phoenixblades.com/

Of course I did get one complaint from Billy...Expense!!!
Not the cost of the knives, but he had to buy a scanner and pay for BFC Membership so he could post his knives here. :D

Hey, what I say is, "If you got 'em...flaunt 'em".

Don is about the nicest guy you'd ever want to talk to. Working with him is like having your own personal "agent".

Anyone out there thinking of ordering a custom from some of the biggest names in the biz should really check out the link PhilL posted for Phoenix Blades.

You will not be sorry. Here's a guy who not only *loves* what he does, but really understands his customers. It's one thing to say that, quite another to apply it to the transaction. I've been blown off and left hanging by other web dealers far too often, but with Don, I always have the feeling he's right there with me. How? Why? I don't know, that's just Don. Try him and find out for yourself.

Phoenix Blades gets five stars outta five from me.

Firebat

Back