Case 6202 1/2 red bone

What does the 1/2 signify in the pattern number?

That the master blade is a "clip point". (As opposed to a spear.)

Edited to add:

Sorry, Darrell. I hadn't seen your reply before responding.

OK, thanks guys. Now I'm more confused than ever & here's why.
If the 1/2 signifies a clip blade, why are the Case peanuts with clip blades I have (all of them) marked 6220 & not 6220 1/2? :confused:
To add to my confusion, last week at a gun show I picked up a green bone Case peanut with a full spey blade (& main clip point) that has 6220 1/2 stamped on the tang. Why is the 1/2 added on the spey blade of this knife? :confused:

OK, thanks guys. Now I'm more confused than ever & here's why.
If the 1/2 signifies a clip blade, why are the Case peanuts with clip blades I have (all of them) marked 6220 & not 6220 1/2? :confused:
To add to my confusion, last week at a gun show I picked up a green bone Case peanut with a full spey blade (& main clip point) that has 6220 1/2 stamped on the tang. Why is the 1/2 added on the spey blade of this knife? :confused:

The 1/2 means that the master blade is a clip. Doesn't matter which blade's tang has the stamp.

If a particular pattern only comes with a clip blade master (as opposed to other varieties with differing master blades) it doesn't require the 1/2 to differentiate it from any similar pattern with an alternate profile master blade.

Back