Case Drop Point Russlock

Well this, and a few other, Case knives have really caught my eye lately. Maybe after looking at GEC after GEC it just takes something a little different to catch my eye nowadays. Weird stuff like swing guards, lockbacks and and bull locks are what's doing it for me lately, and this weird one from Case has got me chompin at the bit! I first saw this glow in the dark one on facebook and just fell in love. I tried very hard to find the same one but couldn't. That search lead me to realize there were a TON of handle varieties. I really like case knives with the large XX on the bolster and this "turtle shell" covered one is probably my favorite.

18486371_10213358794428518_9010646020929991315_n.jpg

18557192_10213388627334322_6404330973549875239_n.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Anyone here got a Russlock? How do you like it? They also come in clip points but those don't do it for me as much as these drop points that look more like spears to me. Let's see some pics of either though!

I have a clip russlock in patriot kirinite. I like the look of the drop point better, but I got mine in a trade and it's a very cool knife. I think you would like it.

I have a clip russlock in patriot kirinite. I like the look of the drop point better, but I got mine in a trade and it's a very cool knife. I think you would like it.

I'd love to see it if you have a pic, Paul. They have some awesome red white and blue kirinite, I almost got the recent cap lifter trapper in that :)

I have four of them. Two with the clip point, two with the drop point. I carried one quite often for a while - the clip point in Amber Jigged Bone.

In repose:

In action!

I have four of them. Two with the clip point, two with the drop point. I carried one quite often for a while - the clip point in Amber Jigged Bone.

In repose:

In action!
I carried one just like that for my EDC for a couple of years . Really a very nice work knife for me . Gave it to a son-in-law because he did not have a sharp knife . I still have 2 others . Nice pictures of a nice knife . Below are the 2 that I still have .

Harry

I got that one I pictured above out of the drawer the other day. It has been a couple of years since I carried it much and my sharpening skills have improved since then. I did a quick touch up on a simple Norton India stone and a leather strop with some green compound, and that knife is now sharp. That's one of the things I like about Case SS - it doesn't take much effort to get a really good edge on it.

I think I'll put it back into the rotation for a while. I forgot how much I liked that knife.

Got this one about a week ago. I really like the possibility to open the blade one handed with a traditional pocketknife.

20170523_191301_zpsoe4vdu2o.jpg

I learned how to open it in about a minute. Closing it one-handed is however something different. Ouch.

Easy is the correct way! Ease it closed using your pant leg just enough to get past the liner lock.... then get out of the way!

Back