Case Muskrat

Hello everyone. I have an older CASE MUSKRAT, Red bone handle, double clip carbon steel blades. I posted in another forum and was graciously advised to go to the traditional forum. One clip blade had CASE XX, U.S.A., and three dots. Regular "S". The second clip blade has in capital letters "MUSKRAT". There is not mention of a model number on either blade. Curiously, there is no brass liner between the blade springs. Is this normal or just a slip from the CASE factory? A friend said it is unusual for this to happen. Another demeaned the knife, saying it was not good without the liner between the springs. Any thoughts? Your knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gary Boyd
garboy1@aol.com

Sorry, I do not have the technology here. No camera. I am really curious about the lack if the liner between the springs.

I recently purchased a Case Muskrat in reddish brown bone with CV steel. This was NOS on close out at SMKW. It has no liner between the springs. My guess is that this is standard with Case muskrats.

It is the standard to not have a liner on Muskrats. Also, the one you have was made in 1977 and Muskrats don't have a pattern number.
Perry (Knifekid) :D :D

The Case XX USA ... Marking would be a 1977 year mark. Muskrat on the bottom blade is the pattern. Muskrats don't have a center liner on early models. Some later 80's or 90's year might have a center liner.

Back