CCK still viable? Chinese Cleaver Help

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a Chinese cleaver and I've been doing a lot of research and am just wanting some input from the community.

All signs are pointing to the CCK small cleaver for what I'm looking for, but I think what makes it hard to consider now is the price hike in the last 3 years due to demand, it's shot up from $40 to $70. Zhen vg10 clad knife for $56. I'm aware that the price on the CCK has spiked due to demand for the product. I like the idea of a carbon steel traditional knife vs. stainless but I'm just curious to know if there are other good contenders out there.

A lot of the reviews on things like the Wok Shop cleaver or other cleaver's but the synopsis seems to be that these are inferior contenders for fit and finish. There's a carbon steel brand called double lions that appears to be a bit more affordable and seems similar in terms of weight and materials to the CCK.

It's silly but it's hard to pull the trigger on a product that used to cost less even if it's still an incredible value. Also the CCK is almost always sold out which makes it straight hard to buy.

Any feedback on this topic or other brands to consider would be helpful, Thanks!

Shibazi and Double Sword, are both good but I don't know how they compare to CCK price wise these days. I like both a little more than Double Lion but not that much more. CCK makes a good knife, s the extra $30 really that big a deal breaker?

Back