Cerakote finishes

The recent use of cerakote has gotten me thinking. Cerakote has been advertised for years as a firearms finish. So, is Busse applying their own cerakote or using an outside vender? Either way could we send a firearm to Busse or the vender to have a matching cerakote finish applied? How sweet would an aged bronze Glock look beside as aged bronze Argonne Assault or Battle Mistress?

Can anybody from the Busse crew chime in?

Doubt that's going to happen. Busse would have to become an FFL for starters.

I think Garth has an FFL. There is the "Iron for INFI" program

Yup I believe Garth is the man and has a FFL, INFI for iron program I think is active. Just email Jerry or Garth

That answers one question. The crux is whether Busse is doing their own cerakoting or sending out to a vender. I doubt they are doing their own, since it would take away from blade production.

ceracote , duracoat and kg will all "color match" and or mix you custom colors. just have your firearms re-finisher apply the finish. Cerakote or KG I'd reccommend for harder wear but for plastics duracoat works best for me.

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from BUSSE by any means, but there's a guy (business) I remember from AR forum that does firearems with AMAZING cerakote finishes and he's FFL/COT . blowndeadline. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble with BF, just delete it if it's against the rules. I'm just tryin to help some brothers out.

Brian

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from BUSSE by any means, but there's a guy (business) I remember from AR forum that does firearems with AMAZING cerakote finishes and he's FFL/COT . blowndeadline. I hope this doesn't get me in trouble with BF, just delete it if it's against the rules. I'm just tryin to help some brothers out.

Brian

I imagine you're OK, Brian. As I said, I can't imagine Busse is cerakoting their knives and even if they are I can't see them starting to take in guns to cerakote. Although, that would be cooler n hell. I'd still like to hear from someone in Wauseon about this.

I think we've found the motherlode. Based on info on blowndeadline.com it certainly looks like they are the outfit doing Busse's work and the offer the finishes for firearms. Tip of the hat to fcbrian84!

looks like these guys are doing some interesting stuff,, head over to IG
Some serious Freedom finishes!

There was a post from Garth or one of the crew in a thread after the last Ganza that said they were waiting on knives to come back from blowndeadline, search isn't working for me right now or I'd dig it up.

Yes - I remember that thread specifically, C-Pirt, it was blown deadline and featured a lot of Busse knives hanging upside down post-kote, it was a sneak peak of what was to come at the show as you mentioned.

C

I have a Glock 17 slide that was ceracoated a few years ago after I had the slide milled for an RMR.

I'm now having it redone in melonite. Ceracoat just didn't hold up.

Back