• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Chicago Knife Works legit?

Ordered a Tops 208 Clipper this morning... checkout was kinda funky, and never received email verifying order, also phone # goes to generic voicemail... Probably fine. Price was lowest I found hopefully its legit. just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them or info about them....
thanks in advance.

I purchased from them a few weeks ago and had a positive experience. My knife shipped from somewhere else besides Chicago. Can't remember where now but it was a state out east somewhere. My one and only experience was recent and it turned out good.

I've bought two knives from them recently on two different occasions. Both were hard to find and were cheaper at Chicago Knife Works. They were shipped and received within 3 and 5 days to NY. They were good to me.

I’ve ordered from them several times coz they had the lowest price, they shipped quickly and good communication too. No problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
I purchased a winkler belt knife from them and returned it for a winkler spike.

easy peasy.

Ordered a knife from them last week. Took all of 4 days to get to Texas. Very satisfied.

I've ordered from them several times.
Communication wasn't great but otherwise had no issues.

Update on an old thread. I got a good price from Chicago Knife Works, free shipping, it shipped faster than most other places (next day) and was at my door in 4 days. I will definitely buy from them again.

I've done many purchases from them since I responded to this thread and I've never had any issues.
They ship fast and package very well.

Good to go……..4 days to NJ. Think it was my 3rd order from them. Shipped from Virginia.

think they are a drop ship operation. everything I've gotten has come from Virginia from them. which is where a big knife distributor is located. I've had no issues using them.

Yeah, can vouch for them. Use them regularly, they get the job done and have great prices on production knives and blades.

Customer service is easy to reach by phone. If you call them, you will get an answering machine. But if you leave a message (or even don't) they always tend to call back within an hour.

Hope this helps.

I order almost all my blades from Chicago Knife Works. They have always arrived in excellent condition. CKW is legit, and they typically have the lowest prices - not always, but most of the time.

Back