Choiless Tusker

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Well I didn't get a chance to put this one up for sale, cocomen69 PMed right away and said he'd take it. Here's a pic of the knife. I still have to make the sheath.
Scott

green-1.jpg

Scott,

How does this one differ from the soldier's knife?

John

The soldier's knife is similar but profiled differently. It was an early design before I settled on standard profiling on certain tooling. Plus this Tusker is much larger in overall size.
Brian, you got it. :thumbup:
Scott

John, that soldier's knife is one that I'm proud of. It was made as a donation project here on Blade Forums in the shoptalk forum. It was carried by one of America's finest in Afghanistan, Special Ops Ranger. Then passed on to another. I would love to know of it's whereabouts now. My hope is that it helped in some way while the individual carried it.
Scott

John, that soldier's knife is one that I'm proud of. It was made as a donation project here on Blade Forums in the shoptalk forum. It was carried by one of America's finest in Afghanistan, Special Ops Ranger. Then passed on to another. I would love to know of it's whereabouts now. My hope is that it helped in some way while the individual carried it.
Scott

That is really cool. It'd be interesting to hear their stories.

Looks great Scott! One of those with a spear point would be high up on my wish list, but I guess it wouldn't be a Tusker anymore.

Looks great Scott! One of those with a spear point would be high up on my wish list, but I guess it wouldn't be a Tusker anymore.

Thanks. That's true about the spearpoint. The Buffalo knife and Tusker are similar except for how far back on the spine before it drops to the point. What really makes the Tusker a Tusker is the choil and blade shape.
Scott

Scott,

It was neat to hear about the Soldier's Knife. Now I am torn between this model and a true Tusker. I am kicking myself in the nuts for not jumping on this one.

Here's a pic of the sheath. Because of the knife's size, I made the sheath blade slip in instead of my typical pouch. There are 4 holes punched in the leather behind the handle. 550 cord loops over the handle then is cinched by pulling the knoted end tight. To loosen, just pull the cord out and over the top of the handle.
Scott

green2.jpg

Scott,

I really like the design of this knife because it maximizes the amount of cutting edge.

Hmmm.... I'm a bit conflicted.

Personally I like a choil on a knife, makes it look more like a knife and less like a machete.

But I can see the point of having more blade to work with...

To choil or not to choil, that is the question :D

Thanks guys. I personally prefer the choil but you do loose an inch of cutting edge with one. These knives are specifically for bull work/chopping, so going choiless won't be a concern.
Scott

Back