Chris Reeve Professional Soldier

First Off, I wanna Thank You Guys for all the positive comments, PM's, email's, since the time of this review. I am glad everyone liked it and that it has helped answer many questions people had about the CRK Professional Soldier and I am sure it has helped CRK Sell a few more as well :D

I am going to do an update to the review here and now with some pics people have asked for regarding the Professional Soldiers size when compared to the Izula and for the swedge on the Professional Soldier as well. Enjoy !

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The First picture shows the CRK PS sheathed next to the Izula.

The CRK PS Measures: 7 1/2" Sheathed
The Izula Measures: 7" Sheathed

You will see that when the knives are sheathed, the CRK PS is only 1/2" longer than the Izula. For those wanting to know if it would be too long for a Necker, this pretty much answers it. I doubt the extra 1/2" would matter much.
PSIzula-1.jpg

The Second picture shows the CRK PS unsheathed next to the Izula.

The CRK PS Measures: 7 3/8" Unsheathed
The Izula Measures: 6 5/16" Unsheathed

You will see here that there is almost a full 1" difference in overall knife size. Most of that is in the cutting edge, which is good. What I really noticed is that when sheathed, the knives are only 1/2" difference in size. When unsheathed, you get a lot larger knife overall in the CRK PS than you do in the Izula in only a 1/2" more carry package.
PSIzula-2.jpg

Both are Great Knives. For most, it will come down to the all mighty buck $$. You can probably buy 3 Izula's for the price of 1 CRK PS. If you look around though on the forums, you will find one a bit cheaper eventually. The CRK PS at full price is a deal as well for what you get, so its by no means a deal breaker. My CRK PS has S30V blade, while the newer versions has the S35VN Idaho Made blades, so having S35VN may make a difference for some. For me, it doesn't matter as I really like S30V and only see S35VN as an improvement on an already great knife.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for the Swedge. The swedge on the CRK PS is Not Sharpened, but it does feel sharp I would say. A couple swipes on a stone or sharpmaker would sharpen the swedge if one so wanted. The swedge is kinda like the swedge found on the umnumzaan. Its sharp, but not a sharpened edge if that makes sense ?? I was able to scrape my finger nail with the swedge on the CRK PS and it did produce particulate residue on the knife, so it is sharp, just not a sharpened edge where you could cut yourself.

Here are some pics of the swedge on the CRK PS. Sorry for the poor lighting, its 3am and in the kitchen...lol. But you guys will be able to see it and get the drift.

PSSwedge-1.jpg

PSSwedge-2.jpg

PSSwedge-3.jpg

Just picked up a 2018 DP PS today from a fellow forum bud. S35vn in pvd. I can't wait to strap that thing to my side. It's the only fixed blade that can kick a sebbie out my pocket. :) Thanks for the old school read. Simpler times.

Just picked up a 2018 DP PS today from a fellow forum bud. S35vn in pvd. I can't wait to strap that thing to my side. It's the only fixed blade that can kick a sebbie out my pocket. :) Thanks for the old school read. Simpler times.

Many Thanks for the kind words. It’s a Great Blade, especially the drop point. I still have this blade and it has rode in my right front pocket on many occasions. I bought the tanto as well, but it just doesn’t match the drop point. While the nyala is a great small fixed blade, nothing can match the PS. The way I wrapped the lanyard cord just makes it that much more comfortable in hand. Still have the Izula in the pics as well.

Back