CJRB Large Pyrite - I'm Impressed

Niall88

Gold Member
Hey gang, just so you know, I am a (self) certified knife snob. Have owned many Medfords, Demkos, Hinderers. My favorites right now, Microtech MSI, Hinderer Project X, M3 Tactical Tech Marine Raider, and a couple Bradford fixed blades. But have you seen the new budget CJRB Large Pyrite Button Lock with the stonewashed steel scales and blade? I gotta tell ya, I am definitely impressed! At $65, only China could possibly make this happen. I cannot say a single negative thing about this knife, except for some people it might be slippery when wet. If you look at the clip, it looks cheap, but it is not, totally solid and strong. Blade is perfect shape. Thumbstud not in the cutting path. Flies open using button lock or thumb stud. Such a cool knife for under $70. They must be using slave labor?

J1925L-ST_2_3000x.jpgJ1925L-ST_3_3000x.jpgJ1925L-ST_4_3000x.jpgJ1925L-ST_5_3000x.jpg

Blade Length3.7" (94mm)
Blade Thickness0.11"(2.7mm)
Blade FinishStone Wash
Blade GrindFlat
Blade MaterialAR-RPM9
Blade HardnessHRC59-61
Blade StyleDrop Point
Handle MaterialSteel
Clip MaterialSteel
Pivot AssemblyCeramic Ball Bearing
Lock TypeButton Lock

That knife is getting some good reviews, I wonder how difficult it would be to make some grippiness holes in the scales with a drill pres . . .

That knife is getting some good reviews, I wonder how difficult it would be to make some grippiness holes in the scales with a drill pres . . .
For someone with the equipment, most likely rather easy. Just putting some hole patterns in between the inner milling on the scales.

I have the Titanium version, I don't find it slippery at all but when I got the knife, I was a bit taken back by how small it was........Bugout sized.

I wouldn't mind a bigger 3.5" - 4" blade version.

Yes, these photos I posted are the "large" Pyrite. Quite a bit bigger than the smaller one.

I just gave this knife away as a gift to one of my bosses. He's always commenting on my knives so I chose this one. I liked it.

I’m sure it functions well but that thing is so bland looking. No pizzazz, bling, flair or style. Couldn’t they at least mill a pattern in the scale?

Yes, I gave my girlfriend the small Pyrite, perfect for a female. Then she lost it.

Back