• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Clip Point Bolo Knife

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here’s a cool Bolo variant I’ve made. It’s similar to some of my other Bolos but I added an unsharpened clip to the point 😁 It looks great I think 🤔 The blade is 1/4in 5160 with natural canvas Micarta scales. I used brass tube fasteners and epoxy to attach the scales. The blade has been cold blued for a nice overall finish. The Bolo is 15 in overall with a 10 1/4in blade tip to scales. The weight is a sweet 18oz! I’ve also faceted the butt of the handle reminiscent of a coffin shape to match the Bowie style point. The sheath is black Boltaron with a reversible belt loop. Now that all sounds amazing right? Here’s the “ugly” part, the blade has a warp to it that I couldn’t get straight. It’s a slow arch over the length of the spine. Overall the blade is straight and the handle, edge, and point are where they should be but looking down the spine you see the curve go out and comeback in. Sooooo for that reason my price on this Bolo is $325 shipped in the US instead of the usual $400 for something like this. I have zero hesitation about the usability of this one and neither should you. I just wanted to be open about the arch 😊

IMG_5069.jpegIMG_5070.jpegIMG_5071.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s a pic along side a straight edge. Like I said it’s there and you can see it but it’s still a fine usable Bolo👍

IMG_5075.jpeg

Back