Clips for Para 2 & Manix 2

Hi STR,

I sent two forms for clips, one for a Para 2, lefty tip up, and one for a Manix 2. The Para 2 clip is actually for a Manix 2 XL, but the screw spacing is identical to the Para 2/Manix 2, and the length of bend over on the clip corresponds well to the position on the XL, so it doesn't carry too deeply, but much more ideal than the stock clip. So, I just thought I'd bring that to your attention. Thank you! I'm assuming it's still $36 a clip, to STR@bladeforums.com?

Hi STR,

I sent two forms for clips, one for a Para 2, lefty tip up, and one for a Manix 2. The Para 2 clip is actually for a Manix 2 XL, but the screw spacing is identical to the Para 2/Manix 2, and the length of bend over on the clip corresponds well to the position on the XL, so it doesn't carry too deeply, but much more ideal than the stock clip. So, I just thought I'd bring that to your attention. Thank you! I'm assuming it's still $36 a clip, to STR@bladeforums.com?

The hole spacing is the only thing identical. The fold over sweet spot is different and now my concern is that the clip I folded yesterday is simply wrong for your knife you intend to use it on. Keep in mind a couple mm in a folder can be huge. It will likely off hang a bit on the Manix 2 more than the Para 2 and it may be enough to look like too much. I'm going to look at pics later when I have more time and try to see how that will work or not. Also, some of the mountings need trimmed for some models to fit right and others not so if you order it for the model not needing the trimming and it did need it you can run into issues there at times so try to let me know the actual model its going on if you will. Thanks

STR

Last edited:
Sure thing. I apologize for the confusion. The clip I ordered for the Manix 2 is indeed going on a standard sized Manix 2 lefty. The one I ordered for the Para 2 is indeed going on a Manix 2 XL, however a slight protrusion of the butt end is what I had hoped for and I was going on that assumption.

Sorry for the trouble, let me know when I can send payment.

I need to see a pic of this XL then. I have not found any but have not looked a lot. Do you have a way of posting any? Ooop scratch that. I see what you are looking at. The lanyard hole will be covered over by the clip tho. I guess you realize that. Really even the earlier fold over clip would still go into the lanyard space partially blocking it. That is a deal breaker for many so let me know. Thanks
STR

Glad you found it, but yes, the fold over will cover the hole and that is perfectly fine with me, no problem. I don't ever use lanyard holes, so it's fine. Thank you STR, I appreciate all this.

No worries. We'll be getting you fixed up here shortly. I've been making good time in the shop. Nothing like a good argument with the wife to chase me out of the house for a while so I was up late working last eve. Got a lot done! Didn't come to you yet but I'm sure closer! ;)

Back