Coffin Jack

I only have the one, but it's a good 'un. To me, it isn't all that different from a mid-sized coke bottle frame, which is one I have come to favor.

IK0pYt8.jpg

DguBvm2.jpg

Here is what Bernie Levine has written about Coffin (= Crown) knives!!! The names can be used interchangeably!!Coffin 1.jpgCoffin 2.jpgCoffin 3.jpg
Coffin 5.jpg
Large Coffin Moose, above ^ and Coffin Jack below!!
coffin_closed.jpgcoffin_f2.jpg

And, here is a Large Coffin pen, and a smaller Coffin pen, below!!Coffin 4.jpg

Here is what Bernie Levine has written about Coffin (= Crown) knives!!! The names can be used interchangeably!!View attachment 2495449View attachment 2495452View attachment 2495456
View attachment 2495459
View attachment 2495462View attachment 2495463

And, here is a Large Coffin pen, and a smaller Coffin pen, below!!View attachment 2495458

Interesting bit of info, Charlie. I don't recall having read that bit about this pattern.

Here's one to help get the party (or, is it a wake? šŸ˜‚ ) started...

qpadsPO.jpg
If possible, would you mind sharing a picture of the ā€œwraparoundā€ spring on the pen blade for this one? I have heard these have that feature but have never seen a clear picture showing just how prevalent it is.

Really like the Black Box Winchester version I have, quite a strongly sprung knife with great W&T plus the bone is always pleasing. Decorative bolster with an interesting edged end-cap and the wrap around spring- as seen I believe on the Ettrick pattern, CASE SBJ and GEC 92. Mark of quality finish in my view.

DIGndmH.jpg

You should ask Alain Jolipapa Jolipapa I'm sure he had a Coffin J from another American manufacturer? Maybe I was dreaming....šŸ˜†

Here is what Bernie Levine has written about Coffin (= Crown) knives!!! The names can be used interchangeably!!View attachment 2495449View attachment 2495452View attachment 2495456
View attachment 2495459
View attachment 2495462View attachment 2495463

And, here is a Large Coffin pen, and a smaller Coffin pen, below!!View attachment 2495458

So, am I to understand, from the Levine excerpt, that if it only has a single blade then it isn't a Coffin Jack?

Back