colaborations

yeah, I just posted the same request in the general forum :)
I would like to see a colaboration with Pat Crawford, since his designs seem to be doing well in AUS 6A from CRKT, I'd love to see them in 8A and the level of quality we see in outdoor edge knives.

Unfortunately, CRKT nailed up Kit Carson for the F4. Of course, it is going to be AUS6. Would much rather have had it in AUS8, by OE. I have both the M16 and the Magna, and have great regard for Kit's design/"engineering." He seems to pay no attention to anyone else's designs, and his seem to "work" extremely well.

Darrel Ralph has hundreds or thousands of designs about. I would think that there are many potential winners for collaboration in his files.

Guess those are the two main designers whose collaborations I'd like to see, but of course there are new designers out there with meritorious knives that could work very well for manufacturing, I'd think. Was looking at some super folders by Tom Anderson last night at BladeArt. Have read that he's involved with a collaboration with somebody already. Given the BM 710 and 705 have had such phenomenal success, maybe the McHenry/Williams duo has more to offer. Arno Bernard makes some wonderful little fixed blades, as do a few others.

I too would like to see the Paragee in a larger scale. Guess I'd prefer 3.5" to 4". Failing that, I do believe that the frame lock is beginning to come into it's own. Would much prefer to see frame locks than liner locks.

Back