Cold Steel Cold Steel Drop Forged Push Knife 36MJ

I am a fan of push knives and I got this Drop Forged one a few weeks ago, this is not a good finished one, there are many pits on the handle even the coating can not cover them. I'm not very satisfied with the Secure-Ex sheath and was trying to make a leather sheath for it but when I was taping it for protection, a piece of the coating was stuck off???!!!
Anyway, I was thinking why don't I just strip off the coating completely? My friend told me that paint remover might be workable for this coating so I bought a powerful type, but what's the funniest: it seems that the coating is so weak that can be stuck off by the masking tape, but it can hardly be stripped by the powerful paint remover, only a few pieces of the coating came off...
Finally, I have to polish the blade, but the hollow grind makes it a little difficult, I don't have any auto-polishing equipment so I have to use a pencil-size tiny oilstone to polish it, EXHAUSTED!!! Fortunately, it's workable and I gave it a blackening finish, now I'm considering a method that can effectively increase the friction of the handle and also take into account rust prevention. Do you guys get any ideas?
oVmecv.jpg
uZejYB.jpg
FZRK8m.jpg
QZSyQo.jpg
bXu2Du.jpg
PqGhF0.jpg
1SuEkY.jpg
ZUvPWJ.jpg

Looks good. I've got their similar boot knife and the finish was both easy and difficult to remove. The outer stuff came off when I looked at it mean. The under coating was a bear to get off by hand, but I ended up finally getting it stripped and polished down before hitting with gun blue.

For the handle I went pretty low tech. I taped the blade and guard off where it engages the sheath (pretty tight fit) and coated the rest of it some of that "temporary" rubber spray paint you can dress up your car with without messing up the factory paint. Black paint on black blade looks pretty sharp and has held up for it's limited use, but the grip is secure.

I would think that one could maybe use truck bed liner paint if they want more grip.

Your work looks good. I want one of those push daggers, but I have never pulled the trigger.

Very nice work. I have the same push dagger. Mine came pretty nicely finished but never liked the grayish color. Yours looks much better. I’ve been thinking of trying something like this for the handle. Basically you just dip the handle in and it coats it in rubber

Looks good. I've got their similar boot knife and the finish was both easy and difficult to remove. The outer stuff came off when I looked at it mean. The under coating was a bear to get off by hand, but I ended up finally getting it stripped and polished down before hitting with gun blue.

For the handle I went pretty low tech. I taped the blade and guard off where it engages the sheath (pretty tight fit) and coated the rest of it some of that "temporary" rubber spray paint you can dress up your car with without messing up the factory paint. Black paint on black blade looks pretty sharp and has held up for it's limited use, but the grip is secure.

I would think that one could maybe use truck bed liner paint if they want more grip.

Your work looks good. I want one of those push daggers, but I have never pulled the trigger.
Thanks for your reaction Steely-Gunz, I think vihecle-use ruber spray paint might be a good idea! Will give it a try!

Wow, looks better than the original coating, by far. Well done!

Plasti-dip might work, but I don't think it's very durable. Tool dip sounds like a good idea for what is, essentially, a tool.

Very nice work. I have the same push dagger. Mine came pretty nicely finished but never liked the grayish color. Yours looks much better. I’ve been thinking of trying something like this for the handle. Basically you just dip the handle in and it coats it in rubber

Looks like an interesting rubber coating! Is it a soft & elastic texture? Easy to worn down?

Wow, you're knocking them out of the park today. Nice sheath. Were you so inclined, you could probably sell a few of those for various knives. I like the sweat shield. That was well thought out.

Wow, you're knocking them out of the park today. Nice sheath. Were you so inclined, you could probably sell a few of those for various knives. I like the sweat shield. That was well thought out.
Agreed, beautiful sheath! I’d buy one if he made more of them. Nice use of the Utilclip as well. I’m interested in what he comes up with for the handle. The handle has always been the weak point of this push dagger. It’s slippery and not very ergonomic. I wish Cold Steel had come up with some handle inserts like they did with their Drop Forged Survivalist knife. They turned that handle into an ergonomic masterpiece with just a couple of pieces of well textured plastic inserts

Back