Cold Steel Fighting Machete Series.....

Anyone here been able to take a look at the Cold Steel Fighting Machete Series?

Is so,could you give me a run down on what is in the series? I am thinking about picking it up for stick training,not up to using machetes yet...or maybe not ever?

They look serviceable and the price is o.k. I'm not crazy about the grip. A cursory look reveals that the length only goes up to 24" - I could be mistaken.

I like the Tramontina machetes from Brazil that you can get cheaply from eBay. There is a 28" model and think that I've seen one that is slightly longer. If you're going to train with one of these I'd blunt the point and edge with a bastard file and keep a twin handy for brush cutting or whatever.

Best,

Steve

Can anyone tell me if they have taken a look at the cold steel training videos of the machete and if so, Do they have some pretty decent info on them worth me picking them up?

For what they cost, they are absolutely excellent and offer a number of blade shapes and lengths to play with, adjust to, and learn from. I look forward to a report from someone who destroyed one, what it took, and how he went about it!
The DVD Machete set is also very worthwhile
thanks
--ho

the dvd set is 3 discs jam packed full of just about everything you need to know about machete fighting. look around before you pay the cs price as they are out there for a MUCH better price.

Back