Off Topic Cold Steel gloves?

shouldnt have to wait at all, shows in stock at your link.

Well, this has to be the first of the new for 2018 products so far.

I did see a picture of an XL G10 Espada in blue on one of the social networking sites though.

Interesting. I already have several pairs of Mechanix, so I don't really "need" these, but it would be cool to have a pair with the CS logo. Thanks for the link MM. :thumbsup:

Stick to Mechanix or Ironclad gloves. They will fit better and last longer.

I’ve had countless Mechanix gloves go hyper fuzzy on me, and wore them right out.

And they won’t fit better.

These gloves are goat skin, and designed to be fighting gloves. Goatskin gives an absolutely perfect fit. It stretches better, and gives a snugger, tighter fit, almost like the glove was tailored to you. And dexterity is 2nd to none.

Nice choice on the material for Cold Steel. Goat Skin is well proven to open up nasty facial cuts from strikes.

Last edited:
I’ve had countless Mechanix gloves go hyper fuzzy on me, and wore them right out.

And they won’t fit better.

These gloves are goat skin, and designed to be fighting gloves. Goatskin gives an absolutely perfect fit. It stretches better, and gives a snugger, tighter fit, almost like the glove was tailored to you. And dexterity is 2nd to none.

Nice choice on the material for Cold Steel. Goat Skin is well proven to open up nasty facial cuts from strikes.

You are probably right for Mechanix. Mine wore out fast but were better than many other brands out there. But I am telling you, I have owned several pairs of Ironclad and will back up my claims as the best work glove after a few washings. They shrink to become a second skin and can pick up a quarter off a smooth concrete floor. They have lasted the longest (about a year of moving crap around) and I buy the cheapest model they offer. Get a more robust model with back of hand protection like the CS and then compare them.

You are probably right for Mechanix. Mine wore out fast but were better than many other brands out there. But I am telling you, I have owned several pairs of Ironclad and will back up my claims as the best work glove after a few washings. They shrink to become a second skin and can pick up a quarter off a smooth concrete floor. They have lasted the longest (about a year of moving crap around) and I buy the cheapest model they offer. Get a more robust model with back of hand protection like the CS and then compare them.

I just picked up a pair of Ironclad gloves on a lark because of what you said--I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and they fit really nice off the shelf. Then that afternoon my Mom knocked her garage door off the track by accident, and those gloves performed like champs with all that cold, sharp-ish metal. My Mechanix gloves, and assorted other brands, really cannot compare with the Ironclads. If the Cold Steel gloves can hang with the Ironclads, then they have a great product. Gonna have to check it out just to see.

I just picked up a pair of Ironclad gloves on a lark because of what you said--I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and they fit really nice off the shelf. Then that afternoon my Mom knocked her garage door off the track by accident, and those gloves performed like champs with all that cold, sharp-ish metal. My Mechanix gloves, and assorted other brands, really cannot compare with the Ironclads. If the Cold Steel gloves can hang with the Ironclads, then they have a great product. Gonna have to check it out just to see.
It's better to give than to recieve. If you catch my drift! Please let us know how the work out. I'll most likely snag a pair in a few weeks.

There are lots of different models of the Ironclads . Is there any special one that's recommended ? Maybe a general purpose model .

Just ordered a pair of the Ironclad " Tactical Operator Pro " 'cause they had the grey for ~$11 . Should arrive PDQ with Prime .:cool::thumbsup:

There are lots of different models of the Ironclads . Is there any special one that's recommended ? Maybe a general purpose model .

I have always gotten and recommend you get the General Utility ones which are the cheapest and the original model. But I have to admit, that model used to be a bit more robust and have gotten thinner in the last 2 years but still very form fitting and comfortable. I have gotten 1 pair a year for I think 12 years. I have tried many other brands but I keep going back to Ironclad. I plan to get a Heavy Utility pair next.

I have always gotten and recommend you get the General Utility ones which are the cheapest and the original model. But I have to admit, that model used to be a bit more robust and have gotten thinner in the last 2 years but still very form fitting and comfortable. I have gotten 1 pair a year for I think 12 years. I have tried many other brands but I keep going back to Ironclad. I plan to get a Heavy Utility pair next.
Thanks for the guidance . I impulse ordered the "Tactical Operator Pro" ( gotta luv that name ) and will report my impressions . It's a lighter , more flexible model without as much protection than some . And despite the tacticool name , it has a very low key appearance .:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...al-Operator-Pro-Coyote-Group.png?v=1446164945

Last edited:
Given CS's msrp to street price ratio, these should go for ~$35 when they hit the dealers, give or take.

edit: Considering the genuine goat palms, that's a decent price. :thumbsup:

so what are y'all using your gloves for? ive always been a bare hander. whether mechanic work, metal or glass ductwork, yard work, grime work, shooting, fist fighting when i was younger, whatever. i never liked the feel of any gloves. course ive never had a good pair of gloves either so maybe im missing out all the advancements in them?

so what are y'all using your gloves for? ive always been a bare hander. whether mechanic work, metal or glass ductwork, yard work, grime work, shooting, fist fighting when i was younger, whatever. i never liked the feel of any gloves. course ive never had a good pair of gloves either so maybe im missing out all the advancements in them?
:eek: Just one little ZOMBIE bite , or even a drop of blood or spittle into an open cut or scratch ...! :confused:

Back