Cold Steel in blister package?

I’ve just picked up a Cold Steel AD15 lite off EBay from a US seller. The knife came in blister packaging. This is only my second cold steel, so I was wondering if this is normal package or did I get duped ? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Looks legit and easy to find. I searched for the name plus blister pack -> scrolled to the reddit results -> found posts saying they got the same direct from Cold Steel

a few makers do this for box stores who want clam packs over boxes. Bucks been doing this for years for some Walmarts as an example......

weirdly some Walmarts have clam packs and some have boxes....

I’ve just picked up a Cold Steel AD15 lite off EBay from a US seller. The knife came in blister packaging. This is only my second cold steel, so I was wondering if this is normal package or did I get duped ? Please let me know.

Thank you.
I've gotten several Cold Steel in clam shell packs , from a source that's 100% reliable .

Same quality knife that comes in a box . Just done in clam shell for retail display .

Not cool, if you are a collector , but otherwise shouldn't matter .

I purchased two 4 Max Scouts [62RQ] from an established online dealer: both came in blister paks. Totally authentic, and solid-quality. Same dealer sent me, two other Cold Steel models in the standard, traditional boxes. Whereas, my limited-edition green Scout with black-blade, also; came in a box [62RQM].

a few makers do this for box stores who want clam packs over boxes. Bucks been doing this for years for some Walmarts as an example......

weirdly some Walmarts have clam packs and some have boxes....

My guess is it has something to with local plan-o-gram of the Walmart. Some Walmarts still have a glass counter with knives behind it. Some have a glass case with pegs. Some just have their knives sitting freely on hooks. I would imagine blister packs make inventory easier as a sealed package is tougher for the product to get "lost" than a box. Plus they are instant marketing if one doesn't have a glass case for display. The purchaser can monkey-finger all over it without Walmart needing to worry about some dummy cutting themselves before they get off property.

My guess is it has something to with local plan-o-gram of the Walmart. Some Walmarts still have a glass counter with knives behind it. Some have a glass case with pegs. Some just have their knives sitting freely on hooks. I would imagine blister packs make inventory easier as a sealed package is tougher for the product to get "lost" than a box. Plus they are instant marketing if one doesn't have a glass case for display. The purchaser can monkey-finger all over it without Walmart needing to worry about some dummy cutting themselves before they get off property.
yep thats exactly it. has to do with how the sporting section is setup. it's weird though that they are setup differently, but sure it makes sense or they wouldn't do it different.

That's the current state of Cold Steel - they sell in blister pacs:(
I've only seen this for the more budget models . So far . 🤷‍♂️

However , GSM has done lots worse things than use clamshell packs . IMO . 👎

Actually , a sealed clamshell might be more likely to be genuine . IDK .

It is normal. My local store has many of the clam shell pack, they are legit dealer. This is way before the GSM stuff. This is also why their website has 2 pages for the exactly same product, sometimes one is on sale and the other isn't.

Back