Cold steel pocket bushman

Any body know the difference between the different model #'s 95fbc 95fbz Or a 95fb ???????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all look the same! Is there any difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FB is 4116 German steel and was discontinued. The 95FBC was made of Carpenter BD1 steel and has been discontinued. The 95 FBZ is the current model that we sell and is packaged in clam shell packaging, made of German 4116 steel.

When did cold steel begin to sub-zero cryo quenching of German 4116 steel pocket bushman knife? I obtained my Pocket Bushman 95FB knife in 2012 (may be before)and its made of German 4116 steel. I just want to figure out is it sub-zero cryo quenched or not?

When did cold steel begin to sub-zero cryo quenching of German 4116 steel pocket bushman knife? I obtained my Pocket Bushman 95FB knife in 2012 (may be before)and its made of German 4116 steel. I just want to figure out is it sub-zero cryo quenched or not?
Looking through the old CS catalogs, I don't see that they ever “sub-zero quenched” 4116. That was something they only claimed for their 420 series knives made in Japan.

(Darn, I really should check dates more.)

Last edited:
Looking through the old CS catalogs, I don't see that they ever “sub-zero quenched” 4116. That was something they only claimed for their 420 series knives made in Japan.

(Darn, I really should check dates more.)
The Canadian belt knife, roach belly, Pendleton hunter lite, finn hawk, and pocket bushman are sub zero quenched 4116. Probably others I can’t recall.

You’re right, the 2015-2019 catalogs do list 4116 as sub zero quenched. 2014 and 2020 do not. So looks like it was done for only a five year span then.

You’re right, the 2015-2019 catalogs do list 4116 as sub zero quenched. 2014 and 2020 do not. So looks like it was done for only a five year span then.
When I checked the website earlier, the individual knife listings said sub zero quenched in the description. Didn’t look at the catalogs but I believe you.

Back