Cold Steel SRK C News

I just spotted the 3V version of the Cold Steel SRK C for sale for $99.99 at a well known site run by Larry Potter. I have the full size SRK in 3V steel and it's well made and quite nicely finished. I did find the SRK C to be a bit small for my taste, especially as a general purpose outdoors knife/survival option. I already have a Mora Garberg for straight up bushcraft type use (although I am never going to carve spoons while sitting in a forest feeding mosquitos and black flies). FYI, I saw handle/sheath color options available including Black, OD, FDE and Rescue Orange.

I am going to watch the listing and if the price drops to around $75, for example Black Friday sales, I'll still be tempted to buy one just to complete my set. I actually bought three of the full size SRK 3V versions due to the attractive pricing. I got two for $109.99 and one for $82.47 thanks to a late night pop up coupon for 25% off. (One FDE color for me. one of the same for my son's hunting gear, and one in Rescue Orange for his survival pack. He's about to become a Dad, so I'm revising his New England focused survival pack to accomodate Dad, Mom, and the little one.
Happy collecting!
635504.jpg

Last edited:
The SRK Compact is only $60 in Canada (the Loonie is currently worth about 70 cents US) so you should be able to snag one for a lot less than $99. Very attractive knife, tough high carbon steel, hard to go wrong.

Thanks to the heads up from bikerector bikerector , I have the 3v SRK full size in Orange from Larry's place, and have the SRK-C in SK5 also in Orange... but will very likely have the 3v SRK-C inbound shortly. It's a deal that's hard to pass up, and the fit/finish on them has been impeccable in my experience. I think these are the best of the SRK series to come out so far. A great steel, no giant ricasso, and flat-saber grinds instead of hollow.
I wasn't aware the SRK Compact is available in 3V; the specs I have say the steel is SK5,
There should be a drop down box where you a pick SK5 or 3V. The SK5 is only about $30, and is an excellent value.

Last edited:
Thanks to the heads up from bikerector bikerector , I have the 3v SRK full size in Orange from Larry's place, and have the SRK-C in SK5 also in Orange... but will very likely have the 3v SRK-C inbound shortly. It's a deal that's hard to pass up, and the fit/finish on them has been impeccable in my experience. I think these are the best of the SRK series to come out so far. A great steel, no giant ricasso, and flat-saber grinds instead of hollow.

There should be a drop down box where you a pick SK5 or 3V. The SK5 is only about $30, and is a n excellent value.

Must....resist.....I, er....it's in my cart.....

Got my SRK-C fix a few weeks ago. Here side by side with my SRK. Both in 3V.

The SRK-C looks smaller and feels smaller and is of course lighter. Some people find the handle too small; feels fine to me. The swedge is ground off square so not sharp at all unlike the regular SRK.

I like the SRK-C for what it is. Hard to choose between the two.

ItRAmrXl.jpg

Yes, as others have stated above….Thank you for the heads up! Definitely a knife I want, especially with the upgraded steel. I too am waiting for any good Black Friday/Holiday deals that might pop up.

Back