Cold Steel throwers

Let’s see if we can find the right forum …
attachment.php

They look good.
Normally i am not interested in Cold Steels clones of others designs but you can't buy the real McEvoy's anymore so i've been tempted to order a few of these myself.

Anybody try these out? They have one that looks like the throwers made popular by Harry McEvoy

http://eknifeworks.com/webapp/eComm...&Mode=Brand&Brand=26&PriceStart=&SKU=CS80TBBA

Not a bad price at all, $20, Looks like a nice hefty thrower. 1055 steel. I have a couple of their Hawks I bought back in 2000 and they throw good, no complaints at all. I want to hear a review from someone who has tossed one of these around.

We have a private group that trains together and we started doing a little knife throwing last summer. We purchased three of these (Perfect Balance, Tru Flight and Naga) for the school and they seem to be quite serviceable. As you would expect, the two more tried and true and thicker designs seem to throw the best. However, the multiple projections of the kris style blade gives you a lot of different points to stick with. The thicker ones seem to be pretty much indestructible while we have slightly bent the Naga.

One thing that disappointed me about the True Flight was the handle. I don't care for para-cord so I knew I was going to remove it when I ordered it. Upon removing the cord though, we found that the top and bottom edges of the flat handle have a rather bizarre set of curves instead of being straight and even. This curves tend to keep the handle from sliding out of your hand. They were probably there to provide an anchor for the cord.

I am new to knife throwing, and I'd like to avoid exotic designs like the Naga, but there are still many others to choose from: Sure Flight, Pro Flight, True Flight, Sure Balance, Pro Balance, Perfect Balance...

Looks like the True Flight Thrower is the only one not discontinued, but that doesn't necessarily means it's the best choice.

Which CS thrower would you prefer?

Normally i am not interested in Cold Steels clones of others designs but you can't buy the real McEvoy's
well, Tru-Bal is still in business, just give them a call

Looks like the True Flight Thrower is the only one not discontinued, but that doesn't necessarily means it's the best choice.

IMO TFT is the best ColdSteel thrower, but it could be just me ;)

Got my Perfect Balance Throwers yesterday, "Rocky National" Ship's em Fast and Ship's em right ! These sure are Heavy Duty Knive's like there add say's and could even use these for a Great Camp Knife "Super Sharp By The Way !" or for Chopping because they are Heavy Duty, Take Care !
Picture515.jpg

Picture516.jpg

Thanks for your suggestions, I think I'll go for the TFT.
It's around 45$ here in Germany, but that's still very affordable compared to other knives.

Thanks for your suggestions, I think I'll go for the TFT.
It's around 45$ here in Germany, but that's still very affordable compared to other knives.

OUCH:( that's alot of coin. i was complaining about the 26bux (shipped) mine cost me.

you'll LOVE it though. i'm actually interested in the knives pictured here, after seeing how good the TFT is.

if i found TFT's for 15bux, i'd probably buy a couple more.

i just hope i can do a para-cord wrap, myself, after i get done shredding the one that's on it with the mis-sticks on oak bark :mad:

OUCH:( that's alot of coin. i was complaining about the 26bux (shipped) mine cost me.

you'll LOVE it though. i'm actually interested in the knives pictured here, after seeing how good the TFT is.

i just hope i can do a para-cord wrap, myself, after i get done shredding the one that's on it with the mis-sticks on oak bark :mad:

Rocky National Is a BladeForum's.Com Seller, And If you mention BladeForum's.Com you get a 15% discount and you get free Shipping that would put these Knive's at 15.00 Each http://www.rockynational.com/3477_80TFTC_Cold_Steel_True_Flight_Thrower.html make sure when you call there 1-800 # you ask for Ryan. Take Care !

I can recommend an ebay seller.

i think i paid around 30 too

but its even gotten worse, because of legal bullshit i cant even find them anymore

if i wanted more i'll have to import them myself, and risk them getting confiscated by customs bastards

Back