collections

from the "its not much thread" and the famous bawanna wall display thread-- i figured why not start a thread where we can all post up our collections of various HI and non HI stuff, if you collect pocket watches post it up! me and blue will litter this thread with antique weapons, and I invite anyone to please post your gun collections ( whatever you feel good sharing :D)

I have posted enough in the other thread, so if you feel some strange pride in the thing or things you collect: modern, vintage or antique, please post !

1654469_651388718252512_944740721_n.jpg

1656052_651388721585845_21580508_n.jpg

just a few that i practice with, i tend to like a 20 inch blade or less and have a thing for filipino weopons, all of these blades are real battle ready weapons.
i have a few more here and there i will find :)
been wanting to add a 15 inch sarupati and a 20 inch kobra, and an everest katana to the collection
not sure why my HI talwar isnt in the pic..

Auntie had a fine Katana on DOD a few weeks back, I never heard that it sold. It was a hell of a deal as I recall. Might check with her. I'm sure she's pulling her hair out today shipping little bitty bowies but she'll get back to ya.

awwesome collection man ! love the ethnographic weapons even if new; I actually have one of those kydex carbon steel waksashi like that from the mid 90s

awwesome collection man ! love the ethnographic weapons even if new; I actually have one of those kydex carbon steel waksashi like that from the mid 90s

i like that little tactical Wak, i was skeptical at first when i got it, but after 45 minutes of beating vegetation and cutting down 8-10 inch trees with it i decided to sharpen it back up and enjoy owning it.
1656142_651433504914700_1589093411_n.jpg

the two blades above the Talwar are true filipino blades over 60 years old, they are my favorites and demand respect, the one that is carved DMR(by a WWII vet i believe) i just about cut one of my fingers off on accident with it o_O

was working on a video earlier before it got dark destroying things with my HI Talwar, should have the video done tomorrow :)

1661258_651433508248033_895717309_n.jpg

can never have enough blades :)

Last edited:
really like that al mar, good knife, great knives flower and I agree, you can't have too many

yes its a kobun, i dont think they make them anymore..the cold steel sisu is also no longer in production either
the A.G Russel bowie is the rarest knife there though, i would pay big money to get another one..they still make one that looks the same but its not the same blade
the little al mar is my most used knife, i carry it for practical and defensive purposes, i have used it to dress many deer and fillet kingfish and ling at the coast, and have even swam with it in saltwater..i will go so far as to call it "idiot proof" :)

heres a different kind of collection
i worked for a blown glass artist for several years and am lucky enough to own some really amazing artwork
184900_157407547650634_3080997_n.jpg

184777_157408177650571_1291806_n.jpg

149715_129515243773198_4440240_n.jpg

149715_129515253773197_2582761_n.jpg

184900_157407554317300_6857001_n.jpg

just a few of the walls in my home..

Wow, those are all incredible!

Most of my collectibles are boxed away, but here's some stuff laying around my desk

My pipes...

My fountain pens... Excluding my modern Chinese ones. These are all old and American made except the second one to the right which is Soviet made.

And it's not really a collection but since Gehazi brought up pocket watches, here's mine...

Both belonged to my great grandfather. The one on the left is a cheap dollar store watch but it still runs pretty well. The one on the right is from the early 1900's, is very nice, and it doesn't run at all. The glass is missing, one of the hands is broken, the face is cracked and the balance staff snapped. I learned enough about pocket watches to diagnose what's wrong and all the replacement parts would cost less than $50, but the tools you need to install them are very expensive. Some day I'll get it professionally restored.

My dad had his grandfathers very old pocket watch. Sadly some low down pond sucking scum broke in and stole it. Wasn't expensive or anything but the sentimental value was way up there.

I gotta find my Troll collection and take a pic. I used to have about 80, probably only a dozen or so left. Gave them away to kids and stuff. I might get back into it.

Anybody think an old man collecting Trolls is unmanly? Maybe so.

Ugh, that sucks. This pocket watch doesn't have much sentimental value since I never knew the man, but apparently it would be worth a pretty penny if I fixed it up. I think it has something like 32 jewels in it and all the gears are solid gold. It was the second nicest model you could buy. But while the movement is top of the line, the case is the cheapest you could possibly buy. I don't know why he put such an expensive movement in such a cheap case.

Those trolls were the coolest back in the day, Bawanna! I bet I have a couple in a box somewhere.

I must admit I had them as a child as well. If I still had them I'd probably display them somewhere. I just wish I knew where my California Raisin figurines went..

If you're wondering what anything is just ask- can't face cataloguing the whole mess on a phone keyboard :)
image.jpg

Back