"Combat Tupperware" pt.2

Here are other pics of my G17 and G23 with an original Cold Steel Magnum Tanto.

GlockDutyPics12-07063.jpg

GlockDutyPics12-07062.jpg

GlockDutyPics12-07061.jpg

GlockDutyPics12-07060.jpg

Nice tanto, but it needs to chop more things to give it that lived in look.:)
My dad still can't see why I used my Master Tanto to chop all those sticks, furniture to be tossed in the trash, and other miscellaneous tasks; to me, it just seems a waste of a good knife not to use it.
Honour the spirit of the blade!:D

Kamagong - Yes it is a 9" version.

Stabman - This blade has seen use. I used it in the 1st Gulf war. Certain knives are set aside as a specific combat/anti-personel knife, and the others that I carried are for general use. :)

Stabman - This blade has seen use. I used it in the 1st Gulf war. Certain knives are set aside as a specific combat/anti-personel knife, and the others that I carried are for general use. :)

That's cool. Certainly counts as honouring the spirit of the blade.:thumbup:

That is a cool blade, and even better because you got it back when Cold Steel made some really nice working knives and the blades could hold an edge. I have a 9" long Oyabun that I got when they first came out and the AUS8 is really good stuff, holds a decent edge and is easily sharpened back to its almost scary state.

I miss their old Carbov V knives.

I have an older San Mai III CS Master Tanto which was one of the first production runs with the stainless steel guard and pommel replacing the brass on the originals. It's one of my favorite knives.

It can slice up a deer carcass real nice.

It really proved its worth to me in the summer of 2001 when we were out in the swamps of east Texas for two weeks. I carried my customized CS Rifleman's tomahawk (bought it in early 1994 when their QC was excellent) and my CS San Mai III Master Tanto as a team on that little adventure. My Caddo friend was so impressed with them both he bought his own within a month.

On antother topic...
What kind of aftermarket barrel do you have on your Glock 23 ?

I know for a fact they dont wear that way. ;)

I have a Glock 30 and a Glock 20. I used to shoot the 20 a bunch when I could buy a box of 50 Blazer 10mm for 12 bucks at Academy. Now a box is 18 or more depending on where you go. The brass is almost to much to reload being you have to watch where it lands, and you almost never find all of it. The 20 lives in the safe for right now, maybe it will get pulled out and I will train back up with it.

I have put so many rounds through the G30 that it is almost scary how well I can point shoot it. It has lived with me and was carried regularly when all my other firearms were in storage as I traveled and has many many rounds through it. The only firearm that has a higher round count is my blued Ruger Security Six with 6" barrel. The Ruger is my first centerfire handgun, and although it isnt THAT accurate, previously being abused as a ranch/truck gun before I got it, I have more experience with the beat up old gun than any other.
They arnt scratches and holster wear, they are proof of character.

Nice Tupperware. In my hands, a 23 is too small. If I could, I'd be carrying my G35 rather than the 22 issued. Just a better shooter. My G30 is my bulldog and off duty gun, my 27 is the on-duty backup gun and I'm one of those weirdos that shoot a mostly stock G35 for the games. Oh yeah, my G21 is my home gun.

Yeah, I drank the polymeraide.

Love, your local Glock armorer

SamuraiDave,

I have a Lone Wolf barrel for my 23. A bit more accurate than the stock unit. Also, it supports the cartridge case more than the stock unit. less chance for a case rupture. My other Glocks have Bar-Sto barrels in them. :)

Back