Off Topic Coming this April: Total Eclipse of the Snark!

Bolivian Rosewood is what's on my drop niner, and Patriot leather sheath as well.

1066vik 1066vik I was just thinking about that. Iโ€™m using a newer BK9, I was wondering if I could deramp it and not have the Wayne divot left behind. I donโ€™t like how the lone Wayne looks. Definitely going to round off the swedge corner and take the coating off. Still deciding on the scales, whether Iโ€™ll use wood or TKC g10.

when I deramped my 10 and rounded the tip, I ended up with a shallow wayne -- if I had wanted to square the spine, I could have removed it completely without messing up the overall look and balance.

just had to say how happy I am that Wayne's name stuck. I don't recall who blessed him with his moniker, but I do recall the thread.

Dad died to day out of the blue. He was 87 fighting a flu since January. He felt it coming called his wife who drove 3 hours to be with him as kept himself alive till he died in her arms with no pain.

The sis kept him out of a germy hospital last year and in to Hospice care till he got well enough to get out of it. Then he caught another illness that was about 50-50, it was a bad 50 but he got an extra year out of it. And went his own way, at home and with his loved one.

Not a good day to day, but he went his way, at least that was some thing good about it.

Dad died to day out of the blue. He was 87 fighting a flu since January. He felt it coming called his wife who drove 3 hours to be with him as kept himself alive till he died in her arms with no pain.

The sis kept him out of a germy hospital last year and in to Hospice care till he got well enough to get out of it. Then he caught another illness that was about 50-50, it was a bad 50 but he got an extra year out of it. And went his own way, at home and with his loved one.

Not a good day to day, but he went his way, at least that was some thing good about it.
Sorry for your loss buddy.
Hope you can share you thought and memories with the ones close to you.
Stay strong.
My dad died 12 years ago, still miss him.

So sorry to hear, my condolences.

Blessings and Aloha to your Ohana.

just had to say how happy I am that Wayne's name stuck. I don't recall who blessed him with his moniker, but I do recall the thread.
tradewater. :thumbsup:

So sorry man. Prayers headed out.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find moments of peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Thanks guys, it was pretty fast and sudden. He was worn out for 4 months of being ill. He lived his way at home and the way he wanted till the end. His wife was there at the end as well with his mind in tact with no pain as he slipped away. Initial shock is over so going to be hit hard soon, but he went his way and told the doctors he wasn't going to die in a hospital bed hopped up on drugs so to speak. So I'm contented he went out in away he wanted to, with out others trying to control it.

Finally got a little sunshine today. Been windy and rainy.

I was on the 7th floor of a lower Manhattan building when a 4.8 magnitude earthquake hit this morning. Just now I was under the East River on a subway between Manhattan and Brooklyn when an aftershock hit. Very unnerving.

Crazy man. We haven't had a quake here for probably ten years or so. New Madrid fault.

Edit: Just checked, it's about 245 miles from here.

Last edited:
I was on the 7th floor of a lower Manhattan building when a 4.8 magnitude earthquake hit this morning. Just now I was under the East River on a subway between Manhattan and Brooklyn when an aftershock hit. Very unnerving.

Egad... I'd be inclined to walk the bridge on shakeydays. :-|
My parents felt it (UWS).
My GF felt it in eastern CT, but over the border in L'il Rhody, I didn't notice.

we had a 5.2 about 150 miles from the house a couple years ago that Rattled all of SWMBOs running medals hanging on the side of a shelving unit. (she does a lot of 5/10k & halfsies)

Btw, Happy Friday, fellas! What a heckuva day!

Well all my using knives are touched up and sharp guess I will start on the tramontina bolo machete. Sharpening knives is what I do when I can't get around because of foot problems . Just have to watch to not sharpen Mama's kitchen knives too much

Wake was yesterday I blew off because it was for people who knew him from with is current wife and figured it was for them at that point and such. I just needed some time alone.

Today was the Fun-er-eal, we had the ceremony today and put him in the ground. I tossed in an OKC wraith knife in the grave, it was more for me and my cultural back ground, and then we did the final ceremony called for. And others said their final goodbyes who were finally able to make or wanted to say a final personal good bye in there own way. I was there mostly for the others who needed to say good bye. I myself came to terms of him going the way he wanted to go and was in control of his final moments in his life and comforted his wife on his last moments, so I was able to move on knowing he had his final wishes full filled. Don't know what to say any more on that. Yes it hurt and the surprise of him leaving us, but knowing he went in away he wanted to go so to speak, with no pain and clarity of mind in the arms of his most loved one. To me much of the pain of his loss was mitigated by my father leaving in such what I call a way he wanted to go. If you can understand what I'm saying.

Thanks every one for your heart felt wishes. I'll still feel the effects on and off for a while yet, but its not as painful as when I lost my mother and uncle in the same month.

Back