Off Topic Coming this April: Total Eclipse of the Snark!

good deal on the back pay - don't forget your attorney gets 25% of that up to $6k -- PLUS reimbursement for any expenses he incurred ordering records or exams.

I would never have used a lawyer. Luckily, I didn't need to.

Super slow mo.

I been grabbing Zomstros but the "Evil" step mother wanted one for her Mother's Day present. I forgot she was the daughter of a meat slicer and dicer and wanted that good cleaver. Good thing I ordered another one!

And finally broke down during the KA-BAR mother's day sale and got BK 7 along with a
Sale!
Compare products arrow icon

5698SF USSF Corser Folder
ITEM: 5698SF

Corser Folder​

Its a great EDC blade.

Got approved for disability today, thank God. Bittersweet I guess. Would rather work, but am limited in function.

The initial denial rate is 70%. After you appeal it, they deny 90%. Appeal it again, and it goes to court, where 50% get denied, unless you have a lawyer. As a side note, they're going to give me back pay, from December 2022, to now. That'll help big time.

I know it wouldn't be your choice, but I'm glad you have it when you need it!

going to be mostly out of touch the next several days - -heading to Montana for the weekend where there will be no cell service.
hopefully I remember to take a couple of pictures of the scenery.
Enjoy the trip. I miss it out there! I'm thinking of driving out and making a loop through Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming this fall if I can get it sorted.

I saw the podiatrist today, he says that I'm healing good. I don't have to sleep in a boot anymore and I can start walking on my foot with a boot on. But in the back of my head I wonder how much longer I can go. My job is a lot of walking. I'm trying to get 2.5 more years in

Hope you are all doing well. Been working quite a bit, and any free time I have has been knocking out home chores and volunteering at our church.

Life moves fast....

Gotta guy coming over tomorrow to give me an estimate for tree removal. Not going to be cheap. It's a massive sweet gum tree. Tired of raking up the gumballs, plus, if it ever goes, it's going to hit something.

This was taken a few years ago, and there's another line of them not in the photo:

Gotta guy coming over tomorrow to give me an estimate for tree removal. Not going to be cheap. It's a massive sweet gum tree. Tired of raking up the gumballs, plus, if it ever goes, it's going to hit something.

This was taken a few years ago, and there's another line of them not in the photo:

Wow.
Cast a bunch in resin so we can make some knife handles!

I had a massive elm die in the back yard. I'm pretty decent with a chainsaw. But this tree was leaning towards the neighbors yard and I would have had to get it cut completely up quickly. One of our friends drove 90 miles here dropped the tree opposite of the lean into my garden cut up everything that I didn't have a big enough saw to cut. I cut the rest over the winter. Our friend does fur trader era reinactment I gave him a 1790's copper coffee pot reproduction . I put a $100 Bill in the pot because he wouldn't take anything he got upset with me for that

Enjoy the trip. I miss it out there! I'm thinking of driving out and making a loop through Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming this fall if I can get it sorted.
It was awesome and exhausting.
Took I29 up to Sioux falls and 90 across to Butte, then south 20-ish miles to mt34 west around the big hole then up 93 to Darby, where I spent 3 1/2 days sleeping in a tent next to the Nez Perce River
Coming home, I went south on 93 to Salmon, Id, then 28 to I15, picked up hwy26 west to 191, then south through a couple hundred miles of breathtaking scenery that included about 100 miles of Snake river canyon before I got to I80 and headed east.

Back