Confederate - Themed Bowie I Once Owned

Thank you. Sadly, I don't have it anymore. I sold it a number of years ago. I thought that since I made more than I paid for it, I made a good decision in selling it. Whoops! (I was never under the impression that it was old/authentic - but it was strong/well made and heavy!)

I can't make out the tang stamp, but it looks like an inexpensive copy of the Western cutlery W49, which would be made in India or Pakistan.
Being carbon steel my guess is made in India by maybe Windlass cutlery, the Pakistani copies are usually Stainless steel from what I've seen.

I would say you made a good decision by selling it for a profit, as long as you didn't pay too much to begin with.

I can't make out the tang stamp, but it looks like an inexpensive copy of the Western cutlery W49, which would be made in India or Pakistan.
Being carbon steel my guess is made in India by maybe Windlass cutlery, the Pakistani copies are usually Stainless steel from what I've seen.

I would say you made a good decision by selling it for a profit, as long as you didn't pay too much to begin with.
Thank you for the information! I know very little about manufacturers and never researched it, but I figured India or Pakistan (the likely location of such information conveniently 'peened-away' on the knife).

Thankfully, I paid next-to-nothing ($20 at a flea market some 15-20 +/- years ago). I guess that's why I hate selling it—to me, the novelty (and function) of it still seems worth my small investment.

Back