Photos Connecticut's - Connies - CT Patterns

I guess you could say I am lucky, since I have never seen a Connie for sale in person I can’t get withdraws..... I really wish I had them though haha. I still haven’t found one. Two more Kelly perfect dbs though hahah. The four pounder was a nice addition though.
i know the feeling bud, i live in virginia and've never seen a virginia pattern. there's always hope though

You guys have seen them all before ... 3lb CT TT

truetemperFEKW_connie2 by city_ofthe_south, on Flickr

A 3-1/2lb Red Warrior done for a fellow forum member.
TTredwarrior2 by city_ofthe_south, on Flickr

This one is from way back. A 3lb Legitimus.
collins_legitimus_ct by city_ofthe_south, on Flickr

You can't show those beauties off enough as far as I am concerned:thumbsup:
The swells alone make me think of fine art.
Thanks city of the South for posting those...motivates me to keep trying and improving.

You will have to excuse me fellas.
I want to go split some wood and I need to investigate if I have a mouse in a trap in the attic dragging himself all over my bedroom ceiling last night or if I am lucky enough to have a squirrel come in out of the cold.
Either way i am in for a treat.

Charter Oak - Collins
3&1/2lb head
30&1/2" Link Handle
4&1/4 Total weight

Narrowed and shaved the handle last night and gave it two coats and let it sit overnight.

Just off for a little sledding but grabbed these pics as I was taking a quick peek.

20180117_120145.jpg

20180117_120217.jpg

20180117_120159.jpg

20180116_192339.jpg

-Miller

Charter Oak - Collins
3&1/2lb head
30&1/2" Link Handle
4&1/4 Total weight

Narrowed and shaved the handle last night and gave it two coats and let it sit overnight.

Just off for a little sledding but grabbed these pics as I was taking a quick peek.

20180117_120145.jpg

20180117_120217.jpg

20180117_120159.jpg

20180116_192339.jpg

-Miller

I WANT ONE!!! I have been scouring my hot spots for a Connie and it still hasn’t happened. I’m going to have to branch out a bit I guess. I just refuse to buy off the internet.

P. S. - I watched a video on YouTube that had what looked to be a 12 year old taking a grinding wheel (not a flap disc a grinding wheel) to an old TT Connie. A tear slowly ran down my cheek....

I WANT ONE!!! I have been scouring my hot spots for a Connie and it still hasn’t happened. I’m going to have to branch out a bit I guess. I just refuse to buy off the internet.

P. S. - I watched a video on YouTube that had what looked to be a 12 year old taking a grinding wheel (not a flap disc a grinding wheel) to an old TT Connie. A tear slowly ran down my cheek....

Excellent and don't give up! When you do find one, that's going to be one hell of a great day for you!

Just hearing your description gives me goose bumps about a grinding wheel

Excellent and don't give up! When you do find one, that's going to be one hell of a great day for you!

Just hearing your description gives me goose bumps about a grinding wheel
reminds me of the atrocities i may or may not have performed with a grinder when i was 12 (there's a reason i dont have a full set of finger prints). thank gosh i only had one axe

reminds me of the atrocities i may or may not have performed with a grinder when i was 12 (there's a reason i dont have a full set of finger prints). thank gosh i only had one axe

I know I have done it...instructed to do so even by a couple farmers I worked for in my youth. Dark times...LOL!

Right now I am out in the cold garage about to get back to cleaning and searching to see of there is an etch or not on the bucking saw I just picked up.
No grinding wheel involved...just some 220 and 3inone. When that runs out I will be grabbing the vegg oil from the kitchen.:cool:

If you're in the NW you'll need a lot of patience. They just don't show up around here. Maines never made it here either.

So today I had to drive to the city for work. It’s about two hours for me and I don’t go there much but I still have a few places i got axe hunting there. So I went to one of the places I know of at lunch time and I about fell to the floor. I found a CONNIE!!! Pretty ironic I just posted how I would get lucky one day and I did!!!! And I found a little TT Tomahawk hatchet. Since I have an old Tommy axe I was excited. But my image posting website seems to be down but I will get pics up ASAP. Anyways it is what feels like 5 pound (no scale but it is def heavier than my puget Sound head which is 4) Plumb! And it is the rounded corner block around the plumb stamp so I’m guessing it is pretty old (guessing). I will get pic up soon hopefully!!!

So today I had to drive to the city for work. It’s about two hours for me and I don’t go there much but I still have a few places i got axe hunting there. So I went to one of the places I know of at lunch time and I about fell to the floor. I found a CONNIE!!! Pretty ironic I just posted how I would get lucky one day and I did!!!! And I found a little TT Tomahawk hatchet. Since I have an old Tommy axe I was excited. But my image posting website seems to be down but I will get pics up ASAP. Anyways it is what feels like 5 pound (no scale but it is def heavier than my puget Sound head which is 4) Plumb! And it is the rounded corner block around the plumb stamp so I’m guessing it is pretty old (guessing). I will get pic up soon hopefully!!!

I am pretty siked for ya:thumbsup::thumbsup:...and slightly envious LOL!
I for one can't wait to see your Connie, I have not had a chance to hit up any of my honey holes since before the Christmas break and I am beginning to experience Connie separation anxiety :D:cool:

Great Score Brian

I think it has the original handle with it but someone drove huge metal wedges in it and cracked the top of it. And with over striking damage prices broke off. It is an amazing handle though. Should I try to glue it together or just thin out a new handle? Obviously this one wouldn’t last too long but I think it may be worth a try. It fits in my hand perfect and is super thin.

Looks great! I like the heavy mean look of the PLUMB CT!
I might pull the handle and keep it handy for a head with an eye that you find is a closer fit when down on the shoulder...just a thought, it happened to work for me once;):cool:
I am not sure how long glueing will hold up under any true use and if it fails and completely destroys, splinters the handle...left with nothing:(

Back