Contest! Win a Joe Pardue Assisted Opener

LG&M had a good idea about how to get you guys talking more about the new assisted openers - give you one! You might know that I bought one for myself, and it has largely replaced my RAT Folder (and I love my RAT).

So here's the deal - we want to see pictures of your OKC products. Best picture wins, we'll announce the winner on Friday, 1/16.

Here's my Joe Pardue knife, winner selects satin or black finish.

t3rbSNk.jpg

Last edited:
"Best" is not a word used to describe my photo but I will give it a shot. Indoor picture as it is too cold & dark outside.
1-7-15%2B016.JPG

I have a feeling I have forgot one of my knives but can't think of which one?
As you can see all users, No safe queens for me.
From my oldest USAF survival knife (1980)To my newest SP49
The RAT3 lives on my Maxpedition water bottle holder.
The 2 12" machetes ( one lite & one standard) come out when the real work needs to be done, or I want to play.
Thank for the chance. Good luck all.

Last edited:
I love my Utilitac II! I would consider the first photo my entry but I have others that I would like to share as well.

20140819_135813.jpg

20140514_161902.jpg

20141030_150554.jpg

It is one tough bugger! I came downstairs one day and found my Utilitac II on the kitchen counter. Now, I had not put it there and the lanyard was wet. I asked my wife why my knife was on the counter and why it was all wet. Turns out she found it in the backyard while taking out the garbage. I had dropped it a week earlier while doing some last minute Halloween yard work. I was very impressed at how good of condition it was still in for being out in the yard with rain and freezing temperatures for a week.
20141108_135143.jpg

A little clean up and was as good as new!
20141111_125819.jpg

For generations, our family has used OKC knives on our ranch in south Texas. The products that got us started were standard 1095 OKC 12” and 18” machetes, which we’ve used regularly for many years to clear mesquite and thorn brush back from the jeep roads that lace the property. My brother once asked me to show him my machete sharpening technique, which I did. To demonstrate the result, I shaved a little patch of hair from my leg. He said “hold that right there” and snapped the photo below. The bright irregularities reflecting along the spine in this picture are from hammer blows to drive the machete through a deer skull end-to-end to remove the skull plate and horns for display. My brother later presented me with a mouse pad on which he’d had this photo printed—I think he was impressed. The two things this photo shows to me are how sharp you can get an Ontario machete, which is eye-popping in itself, but also the impressive toughness of the steel to be able to take countless hammer blows including cutting through bone without so much as a hiccup. We were so impressed with the machetes that we’ve gone on to use many other OKC products over the years since, and I’d be honored to carry a Joe Pardue OKC folder. :)

attachment.php

Edited to add: I realize it's hard to recognize the brand of machete from this photo, but the pic was first published here on BFC back in 2002 in a thread titled "Big Nasty Edges". In post seven of that thread, in reply to a question from Cliff Stamp, there is a description of the machete including the fact that it is an 18" Ontario. Here's the link:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/226230-Big-Nasty-Edges

I'm traveling this month and am away from home, so can't take a photo of the machete itself, but it still looks pretty much the same and I still use it, along with several other Ontario's.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

We're going to expand this contest. Now we're going to pick two winners, one this Friday on our original end date, and one when we get back from SHOT Show on 1/27. Entries that are posted by this Friday are eligible for both, so get those entries in!

Love seeing the knives guys

some of you are really good photographers (nice pictures)

here's a couple of my work'n (user) knife

IMG_5962adjust2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5910adjust2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5968copyadjust3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I can't say my my knives are as nice as those already posted.. I almost said they are not as good quality wise, but any knife that has banged around in kitchen drawers, cut frozen chicken and been abused like this one has, is nothing but quality..I am sure when my Grandmother got it, like so many housewives across America back in the day, preserving, and taking care of it as a collectable piece was the last thing on her mind, so it shows the battle scars, but I still love it. and since I don't have one of those beautiful folders (hoping to win one here) this is the best I can do. And I know my photography skills are not as great as some already posted, but I sure would like to win that knife, so I figured I would try and do the best I could. thanks for looking.

knives_1_of_1-12.jpeg
[/IMG]

knives_1_of_1-14_1.jpeg
[/IMG]

Congratulations dOnut! Nice composition and light in that photo, and an interesting context. Handsome knife as well--and now you have another.

Nice work! :thumbup:

Hey! Cool beans, thanks!

I'm headed back out on the river tomorrow, I hope my good luck carries over :)

Back