converting from back spacer to stand offs ?

is that possible ? I mean yes I know I could drill holes in both liners buy some stand offs and wala but I know their is more to it then that I am sure

I have done it with 2 of my customs by drilling the threads out of the spacers. The screws pass through and still thread to the opposite liner. One I used an extra set of Emerson brand I had and the other was aftermarket. The best part of doing it this way is I can always go back to the factory backspacer.
Not sure if it would work on all productions since the body screws are sometimes too close together for the spacers to fit. The ones I did had only 3 body screws as opposed to the normal 4 or 6 on most backspacer models. I'm sure it would work with some with further spaced screws.

20170505_173811_zpste7dlcly.jpg

I have a roadhouse where I removed the backspacer to install Emerson Ti standoffs in purple. The Ti and black standoffs will thread right into the long chassis screws no problem without modifications. If you want to use two screws per standoff like how current runs are like, you will need to drill into the g10 and possibly into the liners to get it to work.

y4mPcMqBuAv4EHM6gC6YL3VZpqLho-cGuNa-r921SxvS-swSOY2tBP5J7xkOUTR3rSnYsVRl--JrlVE7BB1SLNe-uDicX_RrQ_g3xMRsz-SfL92Vqfiyz0xouUNLc79_HHGBrGaTcz-MCVAZrvPzKf0hDclv_E-wc2ZMnHFp7Vwir-yUGkLB9x7WbUxeSU1fcfRRUVaPo3eWTpQRHN7q-41rg

y4msUFxQgye4k1oAZM1hEOAoKxq2DcrouiWVhE9Oqw9uvgOxvtOBnCbyVYOuX9kM3Jp-zwdnxlfAg8oeAVcfwUEUBP3m6lCUMzXx6l_bKUciPJA1X6As1MRiK5R2QLzk9uIZrdqyntacEDDbDoP5NW8Z0Sdm8mZZ0GIY4f7czKXzc6eQt2yqN_iOjhkSZdTh84AqWsa5Se-vMrF0_WTZx3gAA

Last edited:
I have a roadhouse where I removed the backspacer to install Emerson Ti standoffs in purple. The Ti and black standoffs will thread right into the long chassis screws no problem without modifications. If you want to use two screws per standoff like how current runs are like, you will need to drill into the g10 and possibly into the liners to get it to work.

Was it difficult to line up the threads on the spacer and liner so the are flush? I was going to try this method but figured drilling the theads would be easier. The screws just drop through now and I don't have to line up the threads with the liner threads.

It wasn't difficult. I just had to make sure the screw threads were clean so that the spacer doesn't get gummed up during the install. I installed the spacers one by one with the knife fully assembled so that the spacers were starting flush against both liners. On occasion, the use of needle nose pliers was necessary to tighten or loosen some of the spacers so that everything was aligned.

Back