Couple new holsters...

Just finished these holsters, their both for a Glock 19. the first one has an Elephant hide overlay, the second is a standard holster. Thanks for looking!

rmRLNNz.jpg

9a2xAhf.jpg

RZrkMhr.jpg

Very nice! Crazy how much those dang Blueguns cost anymore isn't it? Do have a suggestion if interested. Rocking that dragon scale stamp. Looks like your mositure content when stamping was just bout perfect.

You're right about the cost of Blue Guns. Ring's makes the best modeling props in my opinion. I've turned down orders for holsters because it's not worth it to buy a Blue Gun for a gun that I may only make a couple of holsters for. You can't go wrong on Glock's, 1911's, and J-frames.
Very nice! Crazy how much those dang Blueguns cost anymore isn't it? Do have a suggestion if interested. Rocking that dragon scale stamp. Looks like your mositure content when stamping was just bout perfect.

Your right, I have 1911s and some others but no Glocks, I was told the Glock 19 is a really common carry gun and in Georgia open carry is legal, so living near the border with Georgia and doing business there I figured I'd buy the blue glock and it's paid for it self now. then I had a special order for a Ruger SP101, as luck would have it I have one of those so now I have that pattern.
last friday I got a request for a Staccato P, I didn't even know what that was. the customer is a police officer so I told him I would absorb some of the cost of a blue gun but I'd have to add some cost to the holster because I don't see making many of those any time soon, I'm waiting on a reply and will post it here if I make it.

You're right about the cost of Blue Guns. Ring's makes the best modeling props in my opinion. I've turned down orders for holsters because it's not worth it to buy a Blue Gun for a gun that I may only make a couple of holsters for. You can't go wrong on Glock's, 1911's, and J-frames.
Your right, I have 1911s and some others but no Glocks, I was told the Glock 19 is a really common carry gun and in Georgia open carry is legal, so living near the border with Georgia and doing business there I figured I'd buy the blue glock and it's paid for it self now. then I had a special order for a Ruger SP101, as luck would have it I have one of those so now I have that pattern.
last friday I got a request for a Staccato P, I didn't even know what that was. the customer is a police officer so I told him I would absorb some of the cost of a blue gun but I'd have to add some cost to the holster because I don't see making many of those any time soon, I'm waiting on a reply and will post it here if I make it.
One great thing about Glocks is that their models pretty much run on frame size, So about three Blueguns and you can make holsters for just about all the Glocks. Different barrel lengths are very easy to adjust for. Smith and Wesson revolvers are similar. J frame, K frame, L frame and N frame, covers 99 percent of the revolvers Smith makes and I've never had anybody ask for an X frame. J frames are the most popular, followed by K frames and then the N frames. Smith does have different barrel configurations (lugged, not lugged etc) but these are easy to adjust for too. There are lots of guns where the models change because of different calibers but the gun is the same such as The Sig P38 and the P39 and a Blugun for either will also work for a Colt Mustang

We too will do the splitting of the cost of a Bluegun with the customer. There are just too many options out there of guns and a small outfit obviously can't get them all. I don't recall anybody ever being put off by that. You provide the quality and they don't mind the few extra bucks. You would think that some of these guns would would be very popular such as a Browning Hi Power or a Beretta 92 and all its variants but I can only recall ever making a single holster for either. So thinking you are gonna get your money back on those wouldn't have panned out, at least for me. I just went and counted and I have 31 blueguns, well some are green and some are yellow and one is cast aluminum, but we've been building holsters for many years. I would say that the vast majority of those were split with the customer.

I don't hesitate to use a real gun in making a holster either and often do, even a blued gun. Its not harmful to the gun if done properly.

Back