CPKs and beer!!!!

Not many beers I don’t crave. This however is not one of them. Only thing I can imagine tasting worse than a Porter is a Smoked Porter. Or bud light.

None of my buddies like smoked ales. I do though, especially if it is crafted well - which, frankly, is not often.

A good Rauchbier is excellent, its strength is in the subtlety of its smoke flavor. I think the trick is in how the "smoke" flavor is being introduced. I think "liquid smoke" is used in many cases rather than having it introduced more naturally. If memory serves, it involves the roasting or drying of malts over an open flame in a special kiln.

Not many beers I don’t crave. This however is not one of them. Only thing I can imagine tasting worse than a Porter is a Smoked Porter. Or bud light.

None of my buddies like smoked ales. I do though, especially if it is crafted well - which, frankly, is not often.

A good Rauchbier is excellent, its strength is in the subtlety of its smoke flavor. I think the trick is in how the "smoke" flavor is being introduced. I think "liquid smoke" is used in many cases rather than having it introduced more naturally. If memory serves, it involves the roasting or drying of malts over an open flame in a special kiln.

I love a well done Porter. I love black Lagers too. Basically, I like variety - I get really bored of just drinking IPAs and ales all the time.
I like variety too. Which is why I tried a smoked brew from a brewery from which I’ve never had a bad beer.
It tasted like sweat and I immediately decided I don’t like smoked brews.
The worst part was I couldn’t wash the smokey flavor from my palate the rest of the evening.
I tried really hard.

I like variety too. Which is why I tried a smoked brew from a brewery from which I’ve never had a bad beer.
The worst part was I couldn’t wash the smokey flavor from my palate the rest of the evening.
I tried really hard.
They should rename it Hot Firefighter (tastes like sweat and smoke). 🤣🤣🤣

I tried really hard.

This one wasn't like that. 😉

My wife got me a new tin tacker for the bar. My first thought was this might have been an ad done by Frank Frazetta. I looked it up and it's from a 1976 Rainier ad that was illustrated by William Stout, titled "Barbeerian conquers Sasquatch - Proving once again that Mountain Fresh hath charms to sooth the savage thirst."

Regardless, it is very cool and I had to tack it up ASAP. (My bar is a bit of a mess right now - hasn't quite recovered from the holidays)

KUekVnG.jpg

03ndlJA.jpg

Last edited:
My wife got me a new tin tacker for the bar. My first thought was this might have been an ad done by Frank Frazetta. I looked it up and it's from a 1976 Rainier ad that was illustrated by William Stout.

Regardless, it is very cool and I had to tack it up ASAP. (My bar is a bit of a mess right now - hasn't quite recovered from the holidays)

KUekVnG.jpg

03ndlJA.jpg
Yeah the guy definitely has a Frazetta vibe, but the creature not so much. Very cool.

Way back when my sister had this poster that I always liked:
View attachment 2462067

My wife got me a new tin tacker for the bar. My first thought was this might have been an ad done by Frank Frazetta. I looked it up and it's from a 1976 Rainier ad that was illustrated by William Stout, titled "Barbeerian conquers Sasquatch - Proving once again that Mountain Fresh hath charms to sooth the savage thirst."

KUekVnG.jpg

03ndlJA.jpg
Awesome pic and awesome set up!!!

Back