CPM-3V Kwaiken Sign Up Thread! 4-1 Update!

If I was close enough I would totally do a coffee run for you haha

:D You rock!

I'm about to plate quench! It always surprises me just how long it takes to complete heat treat and how busy I stay during heat treat day.

Thanks guys! These came out of quench nice and straight... I'm still working on heat treat but the tough part is over!

I've been grinding like crazy for the last two days and things are looking good!

It does, Justin. The last time my 3V blade was oiled was when I unpacked it from D. It's spotless. Definitely one of my favorite steels!

Thanks guys!

I'll get some pics later but I wanted to say, these are going well! They are signed and I will glue up some handles after the weekend. Today was a big day and they are looking good.

Here's one for scales... I garnet blast the tang for best epoxy adhesion. The 3V is so wear resistant i had to crank up my blast pressure and time considerably.

Time for glue up! 2 acid washed and one in satin.

Prepping and glueing up stingray skin... this stuff is hard to cut! These get wraps next.

Just wrapped and almost ready for glue up. I have 9 knives curing now!

Sweeeeet!

I know I didn't order cf on mine, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Sweeeeet!

I know I didn't order cf on mine, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Thanks! This is LVA CF and looks very promising. I noticed it has at least twice as many carbon weave layers than most CF and seems incredibly dense for such lightweight material. Looks really nice too!

I acidwashed some with the CF, black on black!

The rayskin is looking stellar and this the first time I have done cord on cord this way... I'm really happy with everything. Sheaths are next!

Thanks!

I'll take the red one once Rolf is ready to sell it to me :D

I like the black/black stonewashed the most.. who is selling one :D

Killa Kwaikenzzzzz !!
party0007.gif

I wish I would have seen and jumped on this when it started these look awesome.

Back