For Randall #7-5" Fisherman Hunter

ZJQ4ta.jpg

N8pVL9.jpg

KKadot.jpg

VTt43M.jpg

nf9l4h.jpg

v3WXgt.jpg

MuXsHx.jpg

What does that translate to? Amazing work as always. I think about his work sometimes while stamping my own. I've come to realize that he has a set of tools very different from mine. Doesn't hurt that he implements them nearly flawlessly. His dye work is also outstanding, creative, but also subtle. Much of it is still a mystery to me in how it's done.

In short, it is always a treat when you post new works from this craftsman.

¡Asombroso!

I'd of put Negotiations Are Over. Course it wouldn't fit!

Negociador=Businessman Negocio means business or to do with business. I suppose Negociador could also loosely apply to Manager or Boss although "genero" is usually the word for that in Mexico, don't know about Spain.

Paul

Negociador = Negotiator
The person who negotiates. The person who trades.

Highly decorated sheaths, with plenty of engravings, inserts, the smart play of colours and shadings, intricate seams and lacings and the highest level of finishings both in surfaces and edges are, indeed, the sign of a Master. It´s evident that this friendly Stinker (Canalla in Spanish) masters all those techniques, and that his sheaths are truly works of art.
But some strange people – me, for example- could think that all that adornment could be used to, somehow, hide any fault in execution or finishing. What could happen if the craftsman is asked to make a bare bones sheath? Furthermore, will he be able to make a pouch sheath for a knife with a significant guard? A user sheath, tough and refined at the same time. Is it possible?
Well, this is what happens:

A gorgeous sheath for my hard-use knife, a 6” bowie bladed scagel from 2G forge, by Master Rodrigo Mulero. It´s a pity that a big crack in one of the pieces in the handle makes it rather ugly.

Simple, perfectly fitted to the knife, including a Loveless cam, so well adjusted that you can put it upside down, shake it strongly and the knife still remains in its position.

Beyond the awesome finishing of leather, edges and seams, some details reveal the elegance: on the belt loop it´s not only his own professional marking (the C.P., for Canalla Poductions) but the original marks of the knife maker is also stamped. Furthermore, a close look at this loop reveals that the seam replicates the blade shape. Nice!

And the icing in the cake: the wool oversheath that this craftsman personally knits for most of his works in the last months. This perfect complement not only protects the sheath as a perfect casing until it´s delivered to customer, but it´s become one on the most characteristic features of his top productions.

Best regards.

Last edited:
I'm scared to even ask what those would cost some of the best looking sheaths I've seen (but there's a lot I havent)

These are simply the most exquisite leather sheaths that I have ever seen. How would I go about contacting this man?

I'd venture to guess that the Negotiator term is more meant as an adjective for the knife, rather than the owner.

I like the double row stitching, and . . . well everything on these sheaths. The photos are good material to study and learn from.

Mike L.

Back