Craig,kydex sheath for Bhojpure?

I think you mentioned that you were working with someone on kydex sheaths. How`s it coming? I`d love to have one for my Bhojpure. BTW multi carry would be nice.
wink.gif
Marcus

Craig,

I'd like to see something for the Mini-Jungle. Something that would allow for inverted carry and position adjustment.

Blackdog

------------------
When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword by his side.......
Sun-Tzu 400 BC

Guys: I've got your specs recorded, and as soon as I can manage to nudge the guy who's making the prototype, I'll get word out. Frankly, it's taking a little longer than I had anticipated. I'll do a post as soon as I hear something. And thanks for hanging in there.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Chiro,

Can you post a picture of it, or a link to the picture? I don't want to copy your design, but I am curious to see what kind of thing I'm likely to get.

Craig.

Mad Dog: thanks. That is a nice sheath. Funny thing is, it's Scott Evans that is working on my prototype! I'll give him a call when I get off the forum this morning.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Unfortunately I didn't make any pictures of mine. It's a really big ugly thing with a lot of screws in it, and the retention is done completely with the kydex...no straps or anything like that. There is a Kydex "half-frog" on the backside that attaches a nylon belt loop to it. It's great for lashing to a backpack or something, but it isn't a good quickdraw sheath at all. More of a transport mechanism...

------------------
My Custom Kydex Sheath pagehttp://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Lab/1298/knifehome.html
Palmer College of Chiropractic
On Two Wheels

Nice sheath. Nice blade too.

What an imagination! W
smile.gif
W!

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword let him sell his garment and buy one." Luke 22:36 & John 3:18

Craig,

I just had a thought on your khukuris. If you can get your smith to make pana buta(sp?) blades for several khukuris (I'm hopeing the World War), put on a micarta grip panel like what Busse and Livesay is doing, fit kydex sheath on it -- you know what you'll have?

The tactical khukuri of my dreams
wink.gif

Don't forget a black titanium-coated blade!

------------------
Real men ride Moto Guzzis!

I really think Goat's on to something here…as much as I love my traditional khukuris, I would love to be able to get a "tactical" (jeez, I hate to use that term, but you know what I mean) khukuri with a Micarta handle and a Kydex sheath. The khukuri is my favorite blade form for a heavy knife, but I find that the traditional scabbards do not lend themselves to most carry situations. If anyone can make a project like this come together, you could definitely count me in for one!

If the posting about a tactical khukuri was in jest, please ignore my inappropriately enthusiastic response
wink.gif
. It's just that this echoes an idea that's been lurking around the dark recesses of my brain for a while…

Jim

I`m gonna open a thread on this "modern khukuri" (I didn`t say the word!) and we`ll see what comes of it. I`d like to have one too!
smile.gif
Marcus

Tallwinged: Can you send me an email telling me more about this style of khukuri, and please excuse my ignorance.

And BTW, I think the micarta handles would come in white for the gangster types and black for the tactical crowd.

Craig.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Marcus - just to let you know I spoke with Edge Works yesterday about the sheaths. If I had my fantasy wish, I'd get one sheath that'd fit many model khukuris without degrading the performance of the sheath. I am hoping they design some sort of component system. In any case, I will try to do a sheath for the SN1, the WW, and the Bhojpure. Once the design is finished, sizing should involve less labor (the Edge Works guys are probably reading this and cursing my name - don't worry guys, you'll be appropriately compensated
smile.gif

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Back