Crash Rat Blade and Poll Cover

leatherman

leathermoderator
Probably over engineered this one, its a little over the top. :eek: I've got a bit of simplifying to do for the other two Swamp Rat Hawks. I think. ;) What do y'all think?

Closer

Yes, its two pieces, I'll take a pic of the back today. Its identical but for the flap on the top. There's another snap strap on that side as well (one of the things I'm going to re-design) I'm thinking of a single strap that loops around the neck of the CR and rivets to the back of the poll cover. Less bulk and fewer snaps.

Here's the other side on the original

And what I want to do from here on out. Visualize the front cover without the snap in the middle

Better? Worse? Needs something? Please do let me know. I'm on the fence here. :)

I kinda like it. Is there a way to swing off the poll cover before removing edge cover? Or do the snaps have to be undone and removed in two pieces? If it was able to swivel on the snaps to remove it, I think that would be a neat alternative to a top or bottom loader. Other than that, it looks good :thumbup:

Hey brother Tyrade! Your timing is excellent! This is part of the design progress for your sheaths! :) I have the magnets on order now (yea, third try is the charm I hope, already wasted some money and time on that one) Seems magnets are an item for the questionable businessman these days.

But anyhoo, the way it is now at least two snaps have to be undone for the rig to come off, but with the revisions its looking better, but still two pieces. One thing about the two piece job is that you can keep the poll cover on and use the edge at will. With the interesting spikes of the other two this could be a very good thing, especially with the scary back end of the Rattlehawk.

Sounds like you've got something good cookin! I can't wait!

Back